Wikipedia:WikiProject Arts/Live Art and Feminism editathon April 2014
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current main page.|
|Women Artists editing event at the Live Art Development Agency London E9 in a nutshell:
About the event
The event will focus on editing pages of notable feminist live/performance artists whose Wikipedia articles are as yet incomplete or non-existent. We will have access to the archives of the Live Art Development Agency (LADA). As well as experts such as Professor Lois Weaver from Queen Mary University.
This is part of Restock Rethink Reflect 3 - Live Art, Feminism and Archives a collaboration between Queen Mary University and The Live Art Development Agency.
- How do I prepare?
- If you don't already have one, create a Wikipedia account
- Bring a laptop (wi-fi will be provided), if you don't have a laptop then email jonathan.cardywikimedia.org.uk
- Learn about editing if you like: w:en:Wikipedia:Tutorial, or Getting started on Wikipedia for more information
- Alternatively print out and red pen a Wikipedia article in advance of the event and come along with a change that you would like to be shown how to make.
- Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided by our hosts the Live Art Development Agency
- In the evening, there was a long table event led by Lois Weaver on the subject of Live Art and Feminism (25 photos available - see link below).
- Alexandrina Hemsley
- Eleanor Massie
- Helen stratford
- Morphic Echo
- Sophie BC
Below is the list of trainers that will be present on the day
- Jonathan Cardy (WMUK) (talk) 16:38, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Leutha (talk)
- Edwardx (talk) 12:02, 14 April 2014 (BST)
CT Cooper · talk 16:11, 18 April 2014 (BST)Unwell, my apologies.
- RexxS (talk)
These articles were started on the day:
- Siobhán Clancy
- Rose Finn-Kelcey
- Amanda Heng
- Lois Keidan
- Heather Cassils
- Monica Mayer
- Sinead O'Donnell
- Anne Seagrave
- Rajni Shah
- Lois Weaver
These articles were expanded and improved on the day:
- Articles we want to start
- Feminist performance / feminist live art
- Monica Ross
- Carlyle Reedy
- Marcia Farquhar
- Ann Liv Young
- Hayley Newman
- Sonia Knox
- Catherine Elwes
Plus more listed here
- Articles that need expansion
- Margaret Harrison
- Lesley Sanderson
- Griselda Pollock
- Bobby Baker
- Rose English
- Tina Keane
- Barbara Schurz
- Potential FA
It would be really nice if we could get one of those to Featured Article status in time to be featured on the main page of Wikipedia for International Women's day 2015
This event is wheelchair accessible. Hearing Loops are available (Wikimedia UK has bought a mobile hearing loop and would be delighted to provide if it needed, but please tell us two working days in advance so we can make sure it is at the event).