Wikipedia:Meetup/UK/ArtAndFeminism 2016/Leeds Central Library
- 1 About the event
- 2 How do I prepare?
- 3 Sources
- 4 Location
- 5 Programme
- 6 Trainers
- 7 Attendees
- 8 Hit list of articles to be created or improved
- 9 What can I do after the event?
- 10 External links
- 11 Participants - Sign Up Here!
|Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon - Leeds in a nutshell:|
About the event
In a 2011 survey, the Wikimedia Foundation found that less than 10% of its contributors identify as female while only 15% of the English Wikipedia's biographies are about women. As a result, content is skewed by the lack of female participation.
How do I prepare?
- Sign up for the event
- Create a Wikipedia account
- Bring a laptop (wi-fi will be provided)
- Learn about editing if you like: Tutorial, or Getting started on Wikipedia for more information
- Think about what you would like to edit about - please prepare some materials to bring with you on the day
- Wikipedia is a tertiary resource, which relies upon secondary sources. Wikipedia is not a place for original research.
- For more guidance on the use of sources, see this guide here.
"Why is called Room 700? Search for a book on the arts in a library and you will find it within 700 in the Dewey Decimal classification system."
You can find more information about the venue here. It is wheelchair accessible and has baby changing facilities. Please contact the event organizers if you have any specific access needs and we will do out best to ensure these are accommodated.
- Timings TBC*
- Arlene Sticklebatt
- nat clem
Hit list of articles to be created or improved
Articles to be created
Female artists exhibiting in BAF8 with no entry
Articles to be improved
Articles created at the event
Articles improved at the event
Articles started at the event
What can I do after the event?
You may find these useful if you want to learn further about editing:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ArtAndFeminism 2016.|
Participants - Sign Up Here!
Prior to the event:
- RSVP @ Eventbrite
- Do you have a Wikipedia User Name?
- No? Create a Wikipedia account
- Yes? Go to Step #3
- Sign up! Add your Wikipedia User Name to this section by clicking the blue button below (follow instructions). Your name will be added to the bottom of this page