Nikola Šubić Zrinski Square
Nikola Šubić Zrinski Square (Croatian: Trg Nikole Šubića Zrinskog, popularly referred to as Zrinjevac) is a square and park in Donji Grad, the central part of Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. It is located near the central Ban Jelačić Square, halfway towards the Main Railway Station. It is a part of the Green horseshoe or Lenuci's horseshoe (Croatian: Zelena potkova or Lenucijeva potkova), which consists of seven squares in Donji grad. It is spread over an area of 12,540 square meters (135,000 sq ft).
In the middle of the park is a music pavilion built in 1891.
Several institution are based in buildings around Zrinjevac:
- North side - The Supreme Court of the Republic of Croatia,
- West side - The Zagreb Archaeological Museum,
- South side - The Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Strossmayer Gallery of Old Masters
- East side - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration and the Zagreb County Court.
- "Najstariji, najveći, najživlji i najljepši zagrebači park". tportal.hr (in Croatian). 13 October 2013. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zrinjevac.|
|This City of Zagreb geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|