|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2010s 2020s 2030s – 2040s – 2050s 2060s 2070s|
|Years:||2042 2043 2044 – 2045 – 2046 2047 2048|
|Ab urbe condita||2798|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲子年 (Wood Rat)
4741 or 4681
— to —
乙丑年 (Wood Ox)
4742 or 4682
|- Vikram Samvat||2101–2102|
|- Shaka Samvat||1967–1968|
|- Kali Yuga||5146–5147|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 57
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 134
|Thai solar calendar||2588|
2045 (MMXLV) will be a common year starting on Sunday (link displays the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar (dominical letter A), the 2045th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 45th year of the 3rd millennium, the 45th year of the 21st century, and the 6th year of the 2040s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- August 12 – A solar eclipse will occur from northern California to Florida.
- The 2045 Initiative ends.
- Futurist Ray Kurzweil predicts a technological singularity for 2045, i.e. a runaway cycle of self-improvement by intelligent machines, resulting in explosive technological development.
- Based on Ray Kurzweil's ideas, Time magazine predicts humans will be immortal by this year.
- Demographic projections "foresee the population of Egypt overtaking that of Russia by 2045," according to Niall Ferguson.
- Two of Japan's largest cities - Tokyo and Osaka - will be connected by a direct high-speed maglev route.
- The United Kingdom is set to overtake Germany as Europe's leading economy.
- According to a 2003 NASA study, a manned mission and subsequent colonization of Jupiter's moon Callisto may become possible around this year 
- The science fiction TV series TekWar is in the year 2045.
- In the novel 2045: A Story of Our Future, Peter Seidel portrays what the world could be like in 2045, if current trends in environmental destruction, population growth, and economic inequality continue.
- Beginning of Corporation War in Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- In South Africa white minority rule comes to an end as most of the whites are massacred in an uprising, in John Wyndham's The Outward Urge.
- The American Dad character Klaus has a body again and a grandson.
- The events portrayed in the movie Critters 4 take place in 2045.
- Time in History where Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars, the 3rd Tiberium War takes place.
- In Macross 7, The main events of the series take place in this year.
- Doomsday in Angels & Airwaves movie L)VE (LOVE)
- The events of the novel Ready Player One by Ernest Cline take place in 2045.
- Lamb, Gregory M. (2005-12-10). "Progress at light speed: Ray Kurzweil". USA Today. Retrieved 2008-01-28.
- "2045: The year man becomes immortal, published on 10 February 2011.
- "The Year the World Really Changed," Newsweek, November 16, 2009
- "The N-11: More Than an Acronym" - Goldman Sachs study of N11 nations, Global Economics Paper No: 153, March 28, 2007.
- High Power MPD Nuclear Electric Propulsion (NEP) for Artificial Gravity HOPE Missions to Callisto