|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2021 2022 2023 – 2024 – 2025 2026 2027|
|Ab urbe condita||2777|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||癸卯年 (Water Rabbit)
4720 or 4660
— to —
甲辰年 (Wood Dragon)
4721 or 4661
|- Vikram Samvat||2080–2081|
|- Shaka Samvat||1946–1947|
|- Kali Yuga||5125–5126|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 36
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 113
|Thai solar calendar||2567|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2024.|
2024 (MMXXIV) will be a leap year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar (dominical letter GF), the 2024th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 24th year of the 3rd millennium, the 24th year of the 21st century, and the 5th year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- March 25 – March 2024 lunar eclipse
- April 8 – Total solar eclipse (Central Pacific Ocean, northern Mexico, eastern, southwestern and central United States, southeastern Canada and northern Atlantic Ocean).
- September 18 – September 2024 lunar eclipse
- October 2 – Solar eclipse of October 2, 2024
- Mars One hopes to establish the first human settlement on Mars.
- Launch of PLATO, the third ESA Cosmic Vision M-class mission.
- Lunar Mission One is a British-led, unmanned Moon mission announced in November 2014 and planned for 2024. It will attempt to land on the lunar south pole, then drill down at least 20m and possibly as deep as 100m, if weather conditions allow.
- "European Space Agency picks Plato planet-hunting mission". BBC. 20 February 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "UK 'to lead moon landing' funded by public contributions". BBC. 19 November 2014. Retrieved 19 November 2014.