|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s – 2010s – 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2016 2017 2018 – 2019 – 2020 2021 2022|
|Ab urbe condita||2772|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
4715 or 4655
— to —
己亥年 (Earth Pig)
4716 or 4656
|- Vikram Samvat||2075–2076|
|- Shaka Samvat||1941–1942|
|- Kali Yuga||5120–5121|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 31
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 108
|Thai solar calendar||2562|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2019.|
2019 (MMXIX) will be a common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar (dominical letter F), the 2019th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 19th year of the 3rd millennium, the 19th year of the 21st century, and the 10th and last year of the 2010s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1 – Assuming that the copyright laws are not changed further, all works published in 1923 enter the public domain in the U.S., the first works to do so since the passage of the 1998 Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act.
- Estimated completion date for the Kingdom Tower in Saudi Arabia which is expected to become the tallest building in the world and the first to reach 1 kilometer in height.
- 2019 Cricket World Cup to be hosted by England and Wales.
- 2019 Rugby World Cup to be hosted by Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- ITER, an international scientific experiment (the 2nd largest in world history) in developing nuclear fusion as an energy source will begin its first plasma experiments.
- The European Spallation Source is expected to go in to operation in Lund, Sweden 
- The Bangladesh Navy plans to commission its submarine force in 2019.
- Completion of the Xayaburi Dam in Laos.
- British troops will leave Germany, having been stationed there since World War II.
- A complete ban on lead ammunition for hunting will come into force across California.
- The Union of South American Nations (UNASUR) is expected to complete the process of eliminating tariffs on sensitive products, thus establishing a single market throughout most of South America.
According to the comedy TV series, The Last Man on Earth, a mysterious plague wipes out almost all of humanity.
- NASA: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2019 December 26, 2009-09-15, retrieved 2010-08-07
- "Deal finalised on fusion reactor". BBC News. July 29, 2010.
- "Home Page". European Spallation Source. April 11, 2015.
- Shakhawat Liton (2009-06-24). "Navy eyes sub, new frigates". Thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "Laos approves Xayaburi 'mega' dam on Mekong". BBC News. November 6, 2012.
- "British troops to leave Germany by 2019". Spacedaily.com. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "Historic Vote Moves California Closer to Banning Lead Hunting Ammunition". Biologicaldiversity.org. 2013-09-09. Retrieved 2014-08-11.