Bowes Park railway station
Bowes Park station entrance
Location of Bowes Park in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Haringey|
|Managed by||First Capital Connect|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Fare zone||3 and 4|
|OSI||Bounds Green |
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
Bowes Park railway station is in the London Borough of Haringey in north London, and is on the boundary of Travelcard Zone 3 and Travelcard Zone 4. The station and all trains serving it are operated by First Capital Connect, on the Hertford Loop Line. It was first opened by the GNR in 1880, some nine years after the Loop Line itself was completed.
The station is a short walk from Bounds Green tube station on the Piccadilly Line, with which it is a valid out-of-station interchange. It has an unusual location in that it is situated between two quiet residential cul-de-sacs and is accessed from a footbridge over the railway line which divides those streets.
Bowes Park is the only station on the entire Hertford Loop with an island platform.
In Autumn 2008, a new SHERE self-service ticket machine, accepting both cash and credit cards, was installed here (and similarly at other local FCC stations).
To the north of the station is a single siding in between the two running tracks which is occasionally used to turn around East Coast InterCity 225 and 125 trains heading for Bounds Green Depot just north of Alexandra Palace. A connection to the now disused GER Palace Gates Line whose terminus, Palace Gates (Wood Green), lay just to the south, was made in 1929.
Train services 
The service from the station runs to Moorgate on weekdays until about 10.00pm, and into London King's Cross after 10.00pm Mondays to Fridays and all day on Saturdays and Sundays. On weekdays the service uses class 313 EMUs, as these are the only units cleared to Moorgate; at weekends class 317 EMUs are used as well as class 313.
The following off-peak weekday services currently call at Bowes Park:
- 1x per hour First Capital Connect service Moorgate - Finsbury Park - Enfield Chase - Hertford North - Stevenage - Hitchin - Letchworth Garden City (weekdays)
- 2x per hour First Capital Connect service Moorgate - Finsbury Park - Enfield Chase - Hertford North (weekdays)
- 1x per hour First Capital Connect service Kings Cross - Finsbury Park - Enfield Chase - Hertford North - Stevenage - Hitchin - Letchworth Garden City (weekends)
- 2x per hour First Capital Connect service Kings Cross - Finsbury Park - Enfield Chase - Hertford North (weekends)
- Oyster pay and go has been accepted at the station since 2 January 2010.
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (Microsoft Excel). Transport for London. May 2010. Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- "Station usage". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. 30 April 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2011. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Oyster Card and National Rail, National Rail Enquiries Website
- Train times and station information for Bowes Park railway station from National Rail
- The History of Bowes Park Railway station on local Community Website Bowes and Bounds Connected
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Bowes Park railway station|
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Alexandra Palace||First Capital Connect
Hertford Loop Line
|Palace Gates||Great Eastern Railway
Palace Gates Line