|Headquarters||McLean, Virginia, U.S.|
Number of locations
DoubleTree by Hilton is an American hotel chain. It is part of Hilton Worldwide. Most DoubleTree hotels are independently owned and operated by franchisees, but some are owned and/or managed by Hilton Worldwide.
The first DoubleTree hotel opened in Scottsdale, Arizona, in 1969. The Doubletree Corporation merged with Promus Hotel Corporation in December 1997, bringing together the Doubletree, Red Lion, Hampton Inn, and Embassy Suites brands. In December 1999, Hilton Hotels Corporation acquired Promus Hotel Corporation which brought Doubletree Hotels and other Promus hotel brands under the umbrella of the newly renamed Hilton Worldwide. In early 2011, Hilton Worldwide launched a logo and name rebranding for the chain, replacing the name "Doubletree" with "DoubleTree by Hilton".
- Doubletree. World Franchising. Accessed October 2013.
- Charles Delafuente (January 11, 2010). A Cookie Calling Card for Travelers. The New York Times. Accessed October 2013.
- Doubletree by Hilton. Entrepreneur. Accessed December 2014.
- Promus and Doubletree Hotel Companies Will Merge. The New York Times. Accessed December 2014.
- Hilton to Buy Promus Chain, Creating One of Biggest Hotel Groups. The New York Times. Accessed December 2014.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Introduces New Global Brand Identity, Creating One of Biggest Hotel Groups. Business Wire. Accessed December 2014.
|This article about a hotel or resort is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|