|Slogan||Die Adresse für Hessen
The Address for Hesse
The main radio and television studios for HR are located at Bertramstraße 8, Frankfurt am Main. There are additional radio and television studios in Kassel and Wiesbaden, and additional radio studios in Darmstadt, Fulda and Gießen. HR also has offices in Berlin, Eltville, Erbach, Limburg an der Lahn and Marburg. In 2000, HR opened studios on the 53rd floor of the Main Tower in the city centre of Frankfurt. HR is also responsible for the ARD Studios in Madrid and Prague.
Licensing fees are currently €17.98 per month. Since 2013, this amount has to be payed by every household, even if there are no radio or TV receivers present. These fees are not collected directly by the HR but by the Beitragsservice that is a common organisation of ARD, its members, ZDF and Deutschlandradio.
Like other regional public broadcasting networks in Germany, HR has its own "Channel Three" programming. From 1964 until 1983 it was called 'Hessisches Fernsehprogramm' ("Hessian television programme") and from 1983 until 1997 it was called 'Hessen Drei' ("Hesse Three"). In 1997 it was renamed to 'hessen fernsehen' ("hesse television"), and most recently, in October 2004 it was renamed 'hr-fernsehen' (hr-television).
hr2 is hr's cultural and classical oriented radio.
hr3 is an adult-oriented popular music programme. It used to be hr's station targeted to young people during the 80s, but has aged together with its audience.
hr4 is hr's radio mostly targeted to older people. It broadcasts regional news and German pop music (aka Schlager-musik).
hr-info (hr-iNFO) is 24-hour news radio. On weekends, it broadcasts special in-depth-reports on several topics.
 You FM
Today, You FM is the hr's music programme for young people. It has also become famous outside of Hessen and Germany for its Saturday night techno music transmissions.
 Former radio channels
- hr-klassik - classical music programme (closed September 2005)
- hr XXL - independent music programme for young people (1998–2003, now replaced by YOU FM)
- hr-chronos - information programme (closed 2003)
- hr-skyline - business-oriented information programme (1998–2004), now replaced by hr-info)
 Musical organizations
HR administers two musical organizations:
- HR-Sinfonieorchester ("HR Symphony Orchestra") Until 2005 it was known as the Radio-Sinfonie-Orchester Frankfurt or "Radio Symphony Orchestra Frankfurt." Founded in 1929, the Orchestra has balanced its musical output between a classical repertoire (which recently has emphasized music by Haydn under the direction of Hugh Wolff) with contemporary compositions.
- hr Big Band
 Notable musicians and conductors
 Notable programmes
 Notable programme hosts
- AM transmitter Weiskirchen (not to be confused with the AM transmitter at Weißkirchen belonging to the American Forces Network)
- Transmitter for VHF, AM and TV on "Hohen Meißner"
- Transmitter for VHF and TV on Großen Feldberg
- Transmitter for VHF and TV on Rimberg
- Transmitter for VHF and TV on Sackpfeife in Biedenkopf
- Transmitter for VHF and TV on Würzberg
- Transmitter for VHF and TV in Essigberg in Habichtswald
- Transmitter for VHF and TV in Marburg
- Transmitter for VHF and TV on Hardberg
 Internet streaming
Each of HR's six radio channels is streamed online.
- Official website (German)