|Born||1963 (age 51–52)
|Alma mater||Tsinghua University|
|Occupation||President of Mozilla Corporation, Mozilla Corporation
President of Asia Operations, Mozilla Corporation
CEO, Mozilla China
CEO, Mozilla Taiwan
Gong Li (simplified Chinese: 宫力; traditional Chinese: 宮力; pinyin: Gōng Lì), also known in English as Li Gong, is the President of Mozilla Corporation and the Chairman and CEO of Mozilla Online Ltd in Beijing, the Chinese subsidiary of Mozilla Corporation. Before his appointment to President, he served as Mozilla Corporation's Chief Operating Officer.
- Li Gong was born in 1963 and raised in Beijing.
- Received his bachelor and master's degrees in computer science at Tsinghua University
- Received his PhD at University of Cambridge, where he worked with Roger Needham and David Wheeler
- Began his career as a researcher, and served as chairmans of several IEEE and ACM conferences
- In 1996, he joined as Chief Java Security Architect the JavaSoft division at Sun Microsystems (in Cupertino, California). He became a Distinguished Engineer and later a senior engineering director and headed engineering for JES and JXTA
- In 2001, he returned to Beijing to start up Sun Microsystems Engineering and Research Institute (ERI) and served as its General Manager.
- In 2005 he joined Microsoft as General Manager to lead MSN in China.
- In 2007, he joined Mozilla Corporation and founded Mozilla Online Ltd.
- In 2011, he served Mozilla Taiwan CEO.
- In 2014, he served as COO at Mozilla Corporation
- In 2014, he was appointed President of Mozilla Corporation
Achievements and awards
Li has 14 US patents, is the co-author of three books (published by Addison Wesley and O’Reilly) and many technical articles.
China Internet Weekly and Sina.com named him as one of the "2003 China New Economy People", and in the same year received the China Open Source Movement Leadership Award by CCID Consulting and the China Software Industry Association.
Until 2007, he was the founding chair of the Beijing chapter of TEEC (Tsinghua Entrepreneur and Executive Club) of Tsinghua University.