|Also called||Isuzu Fargo Filly
Nissan Caravan Elgrand
Nissan Homy Elgrand
|Body and chassis|
The Nissan Elgrando is a luxury MPV manufactured by Nissan since 1997, available in three model developments, the E50, the E51 and as of 2010 the E52. It has been seen on TV many times in which many of the celebrities use inside Japan, China (Guangdong, Hong Kong, Taiwan), Thailand and some other countries around the world. Nissan Elgrand's competitor is the Toyota Alphard also called Toyota Vellfire.
- 1 First generation (E50)
- 2 Second generation (E51)
- 2.1 Initial release
- 2.1.1 Nissan Elgrand, Autech Elgrand Enchante (2002-)
- 2.1.2 Elgrand Rider (2002-)
- 2.1.3 Autech Elgrand VIP (2002-)
- 2.1.4 VG version L, Highway Star version L (2002-2003)
- 2.1.5 Elgrand Highway Star update, Elgrand Enchante front row passenger Lift Seat Type (2003-)
- 2.1.6 Autech Elgrand Rider S (2003-)
- 2.2 2004 update
- 2.3 E51 interiors
- 2.1 Initial release
- 3 Third generation (E52)
- 3.1 Initial release
- 3.2 2011 Elgrand update, Nissan Elgrand Urban CHROME (2011-)
- 3.3 2012 Elgrand update, Nissan Elgrand Urban (CHROME) Black Leather (2012-)
- 3.4 2014 Elgrand update (2014-)
- 4 World markets
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
First generation (E50)
|First generation E50 series|
|Body and chassis|
The first generation of the Nissan Elgrand produced from May 1997 - May 2002. Various engine combinations were available including the petrol VG33E, VQ35DE and diesel QD32ETi and ZD30DDTi. The E50 had a 4 speed automatic transmission and came in either 2- or 4-wheel drive.
E50 model variations
The E50 version of the Elgrand came in several model variations including:
- Highway Star
alongside the more familiar and later used model names of: V, VG, X and XL variations.
From 1997 to 2002 the E50 Elgrand was sold by Isuzu as the Isuzu Filly for the Japanese market exclusively.
In Philippines, Nissan Elgrand E50 is present in year 2007–present as a used late 1990s – early 2000 vehicle imported from Japan, giving them best quality diesel engines from Japan. Available in Homy, Caravan and sport spec Highway Star. Also the Autech Rider version is available.
Second generation (E51)
|Second generation E51 series|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Luxury MPV /Van|
|Platform||modified Nissan FM platform|
|Transmission||5-speed automatic with manumatic shifting RE5R05A (VQ35DE)|
|Wheelbase||2,950 mm (116.1 in)|
|Length||4,835 mm (190.4 in)|
|Width||1,795 mm (70.7 in) (XL) / 1,815 mm (71.5 in) (HWS)|
|Height||1,920 mm (75.6 in) (XL) / 1,910 mm (75.2 in) (HWS)|
Nissan Elgrand, Autech Elgrand Enchante (2002-)
Japan models went on sale on 2002-05-21. Early Nissan Elgrand models include XL, X, VG (4/5-doors), V, Highway Star. Early Elgrand Enchante models included VG, V, Highway Star; all model ranges include Second-row Slide-out Lift Seat, Removable Second-row Seat, Step Type configurations.
Elgrand Rider (2002-)
It is a version of Elgrand VG 5-door with exclusive front bumper (billet grille), exclusive front grille, exclusive front fog lamp, exclusive side sill protector, exclusive rear under protector, exclusive rear upper combination lamp (clear type), exclusive rear winker finisher, clear side turn lamp, front heat cutting class (with top shade), exclusive seat floor (in leather), exclusive door trim floor, 3rd seat arm rest, exclusive leather wrapped stone texture 4-spoke steering wheel, exclusive leather wrapped stone texture instrument shift knob, exclusive stone texture finisher, Rider exclusive sound system (MD/CD integrated AM/FM electronic tuner radio, 6 speakers and superwoofer), exclusive 17-inch aluminium road wheels, 215/60R17 tyres, exclusive large diameter sports muffler by Fujitsubo, exclusive low-height suspension, choice of 3 body colours (white pearl (3-coat pearl #QX1), diamond silver metallic (#KY0), black (#KH3) (Rider exclusive)), ecru (S) interior colour.
Japan models went on sale on 2002-10-02.
Autech Elgrand VIP (2002-)
It is a version of Elgrand XL 4-seat with leather-wrapped rear seat with centre arm rest, electric slide step, exclusive trunk board with partition board, exclusive 2nd seat long slide rail, rear seat exclusive reading lamp with room lamp, rear seat exclusive audio system (VHS+CD+DVD), exclusive electric ottoman, rear seat exclusive audio speaker (6 speakers), exclusive electric outlet (AC100V, 100W), exclusive front cabinet, exclusive floor carpet, exclusive drawn-out table, exclusive black body colour.
Japan models went on sale on 2002-12-19.
VG version L, Highway Star version L (2002-2003)
VG version L are Highway Star version L are versions of Nissan Elgrand VG and Highway Star respectively, commemorating the sale of 250000 units of Nissan Elgrand in Japan since May 1997. Changes include Carwings DVD TV/navigation system, 2 Intelligent Keys (driver side, passenger side, back door sensor), back view monitor with car width and distance display (colour), Elgrand super sound system and 6 speakers (MD/CD integrated AM/FM electronic tuner radio, 160W, MD/CD auto changer connection), steering wheel switches (audio, voice command, hands-free phone), choice of 3 body colours (champagne silver titan metallic, white pearl (3-coat pearl), black/sparkling silver metallic in VG version L; white pearl (3-coat pearl), sword metal metallic, diamond silver metallic in Highway Star version L).
Japan models went on sale between 2002-12-24 and 2013-03-31.
Elgrand Highway Star update, Elgrand Enchante front row passenger Lift Seat Type (2003-)
Change to Elgrand Highway Star include fully plated front grille, chrome colour coat aluminium road wheel, fog lamp surround in body colour, black steering wheel, suede tone cross-section seat floor Jacquard material in black, shift knob leather section in black, instrument panel centre cluster control panel in dark grey. New options include driver seat auto slide door for intelligent key model, leather or Supplare (from Elgrand X)-upholstered seat.
Elgrand Enchante front row passenger Lift Seat Type includes 8-seat versions of Elgrand Enchante V, VG, Highway Star, X.
Japan models went on sale on 2003-08-27.
Autech Elgrand Rider S (2003-)
It is a version of Elgrand Rider 8-seat with exclusive seat floor in black, warm grey interior, antibacterial leather wrapped 4-spoke sports steering wheel, antibacterial leather wrapped titanium tone instrument shift knob, titanium tone power windows switch finisher, CD integrated AM/FM electronic tuner radio (120W, MD/CD auto changer support), choice of 3 body colours (white pearl (3-coat pearl #QX1), diamond silver metallic (#KY0), black (#KH3) (Rider exclusive)), warm gray (W) interior colour.
Japan models went on sale on 2003-10-22.
Nissan Elgrand, Autech Elgrand Rider, Autech Elgrand Enchante (2004-)
Japan models went on sale in 2004-08-25. Early Nissan Elgrand models include VG (8-seat), X (8-seat), XL (7-seat), Highway Star (8-seat). Early Autech Elgrand Rider models include Rider (8-seat), Rider S (8-seat). Early Autech Elgrand Enchante models include VG (7-seat), X (7-seat), Highway Star (7-seat). Nissan Elgrand models with VQ25DE engine was to be introduced at the end of 2004. Early Elgrand models with VQ25DE engine (on sale in 2004-12-22 in Japan) included V (8-seat), Highway Star (8-seat).
Nissan FORUM (2008)
It is a concept vehicle based on Nissan Elgrand, developed by Nissan Design America, Inc. It included trackless sliding side door, hidden sunshades in SkyView moonroof panels, LED lights front and rear, soft-edged side outside mirrors, wide six-spoke alloy wheels and low-profile tires, a wide rear hatch, dual exhaust outlets, dual climate controls, Bluetooth wireless technology and mood lighting under the upper and lower console areas; console-mounted microwave, vertical wave pattern carpeting, Turntable Seating 2nd row bucket-formed seat, individual wireless monitors in the seat console, Bose Media System, Around View Monitor, Bose SeatCentric audio system
The vehicle was unveiled in 2008 North American International Auto Show.
The Elgrand uses either the 2.5l or 3.5l V6 VQ-series engine combined with a five-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic shift for better response. Additional transmission controls include Power and Snow settings, as well as 4x4 power options. It employs a multilink rear suspension with ventilated disc brakes all around.
E51 design and features
The Elgrand exterior is quite different from that of its predecessor, now equipped with electronically remote-controlled doors, side mirrors with signal lights, a rear roof spoiler, and 16- (XL) or 17-inch (HWS) aluminum alloy wheels. The new front styling, including a chromed grille, gives the Elgrand a sportier look.
Interior features include captain-style seats, an eight-speaker sound system with an optional nine-speaker system by Bose Corp., and a TV/DVD player with a nine-inch (229mm) screen. The Elgrand is also equipped with an eight-inch (203mm) LCD monitor in the dashboard for the Carwings Vehicle Information System (also known as VIS). Optional extras include heated front seats, electronic curtains and finer levels of interior trim, such as woodgrain effects on fascia panels and the steering wheel. The interior seating arrangement can be configured for dining by adjusting the front captain-style seats facing the back, and folding the second row of seats flat onto the seat cushions.
Like most newer models produced by Nissan, the Elgrand comes with the "Keyless-go" feature for enhanced user convenience. Higher spec Elgrands like the Highway Star, Rider, X and XL versions come with an internal GPS system dedicated for use in Japan. An optional GPS system for Hong Kong and Guangdong Province in China is available.
E51 model variations
The Nissan Elgrand includes either a 3.5L 240 bhp (179 kW; 243 PS) or 2.5L engine in five model types:
- Highway Star
The 2007 - 2010 refresh saw the discontinuation of the VG model.
Interior of the 2003 (E51 First generation) Elgrand, with LCD screen.
Interior of the late 2007 (E51 Third generation) Elgrand, with LCD screen.
Third generation (E52)
|Third generation E52 series|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Luxury MPV /Van|
|Wheelbase||3,000 mm (118.1 in)|
|Length||4,915 mm (193.5 in)|
|Width||1,850 mm (72.8 in)|
|Height||1,805 mm (71.1 in) (250XG) / 1,815 mm (71.5 in) (HWS)|
The first revision of the Elgrand E52 was released in Japan In August 2010. It was manufactured from August 2010 to January 2014. Across this time period there were 6 basic models available. All models were avaialble in a 2WD/4WD combination with Xtronic transmision. A 250 in front of the model name represented a 2.5 litre engine (QR25DE) While a 350 in front of the model name represented a 3.5 litre engine (VQ35DE). Some models were available in both engine options while others were only available in the one.
The basic models:
- Elgrand 250XG
- Elgrand 250/350Highway STAR
- Elgrand 250/350Highway STAR Black Leather
- Elgrand 250/350Highway STAR Urban CHROME
- Elgrand 250/350Highway STAR Urban CHROME Black Leather
- Elgrand 350 Highway STAR Premium
In Japan, the Elgrand is one level below Nissan's largest van, called the Nissan Caravan which has been in production since the 1960s.
Hong Kong model went on sale in 2010-10-20 as 2011 model year vehicle. Early models included ELGRAND 350 Highway Star Premium. ELGRAND Highway Star AVM, ELGRAND Highway Star Dynamic with VQ35DE engine and Xtronic CVT M-6 transmission went on sale in 2012-02-15. ELGRAND 250 was added in 2013-01-17.
Nissan Elgrand S-tune (2011)
It is a version of Elgrand with NISMO S-tune kit.
Autech Elgrand Rider Black Line (2011-)
It is a version of Nissan Elgrand Rider 250XG (2WD/4WD) and 350Highway STAR (2WD/4WD) with exclusive dark chrome grille, exclusive dark chrome headlamp finisher, exclusive emblem (Rider/AUTECH), Carwings navigation system with exclusive around view monitor and ETC unit, exclusive dark chrome bumper grille (with fog lamp), one-touch auto slide door (both sides) (standard on base 350Highway STAR), choice of 2 body colors (brilliant white pearl (3 coat pearl), phantom black (pearl)).
The vehicles went on sale in November 2011.
Autech Elgrand Rider HIGH PERFORMANCE SPEC (2011-)
It is a version of Nissan Elgrand Rider 350Highway STAR (2WD) with increased engine power by 20 PS (15 kW; 20 hp) and 1.7 kg·m (17 N·m; 12 lbf·ft) torque, body tune (exclusive front cross stay, exclusive centre crossbar, exclusive rear crossbar, YAMAHA performance damper (rear)), exclusive tuned suspension, exclusive 19-inch shiny aluminium wheels (dark tone), Michelin Primacy LC 245/45R19 98Y tyres, exclusive 'HIGH PERFORMANCE SPEC' emblem.
The vehicles went on sale in November 2011.
2011 Elgrand update, Nissan Elgrand Urban CHROME (2011-)
Changes to Elgrand include:
- Object motion sensor
- remote-controlled auto back door (standard on 350 Highway STAR, optional in 2.5-litre engine models)
- Standard active AFS on 2.5-litre engine models
Nissan Elgrand Urban Chrome is a version of Nissan Elgrand 250Highway STAR and 350Highway STAR with dark chrome grille, exclusive dark chrome fog lamp finisher, front protector, exclusive graphite-finish 18-inch aluminium wheels, clear rear combination lamp, LED high-mount strap lamp (clear type), driver-side 1-touch auto slide door on 250Highway STAR (standard on 350Highway STAR)
The vehicles went on sale in 2011-11-10.
Autech Elgrand Rider HIGH PERFORMANCE SPEC Black Line (2012)
It is a version of Autech Elgrand Rider HIGH PERFORMANCE SPEC with colour scheme from Autech Elgrand Rider Black Line.
Sales of NISMO sports parts for E52 Elgrand began in 2010-08-18.
As part of Nissan Elgrand launch in Japan, 2 versions of Nissan Elgrand (phantom black, chrome) 1/43 die-case scale model cars were sold as NISSAN collection items beginning in 2010-08-04.
2012 Elgrand update, Nissan Elgrand Urban (CHROME) Black Leather (2012-)
Changes to Elgrand include:
- Collision avoidance assist with brake override and 4 ultrasound sonar sensors
- All 3.5-litre engine models features fuel efficiency improvements, and eligible for eco car tax reduction
- For 350Highway STAR Premium, Carwings navigation system, 11-inch wide rear seat monitor entertainment system, around view monitor, intelligent cruise control, intelligent brake assist, collision avoidance assist become standard equipment
- New metal grey colour (with multi-flex colour) for a total of 5 body colour choices
Highway STAR Urban CHROME Black Leather and Highway STAR Black Leather are versions of Nissan Elgrand 250Highway STAR Urban CHROME, 250Highway STAR, 350Highway STAR Urban CHROME, 350Highway STAR with exclusive black leather seat with silver stitching, personal driving position memory system, driver and front passenger side power seats, steering wheel with exclusive leather wrapping and wood trim, reverse down-view door mirror, quick comfort seat heater.
The vehicles went on sale in 2012-11-22.
2014 Elgrand update (2014-)
Elgrand update, Autech Elgrand Rider (2014-)
Changes to Nissan Elgrand include:
- Chrome plate surrounding body (except 250XG)
- Redesigned signature LED position lamp, LED headlamp (except 250XG)
- New multi-spoke design for 18-inch aluminium wheel (except 250XG)
- Chromed inner lens for LED compbination lamp (except 250XG)
- New body colour (imperial amber) for total of 5 colours (except 250XG)
- Grand black interior colour scheme for Highway Star Premium models
- Black/dark bay brown interior colour scheme for Highway Star models
- Redesigned meters
- 5-inch Advanced drive assistant display with improved visibility
- higher interior (except sunroof cars)
- 3rd row seats can slide forward by 240mm
- rear luggage board height was changed to improve interior volume
- 3rd row seats backs with reduce convexity/concavity
- addition of 250 Highway Star model
- standard cruise control for all models
Autech Elgrand Rider is a version of Nissan Elgrand 350 Highway Star (2WD/4WD) and 250XG (2WD/4WD) with exclusive front bumper, bumper grille with fog lamp, exclusive front grille, exclusive head lamp finisher, exclusive rear bumper, exclusive emblem (Rider/AUTECH), exclusive 18-inch glossy aluminium wheels, exclusive lowered suspension, exclusive sport muffler, exclusive seat upholstery (black leather (black cloth for 2.5-litre engine model)), exclusive door trim at front and rear doors, exclusive finisher in mokume-gane pattern, choice of 3 body colours (brilliant white pearl 3-coat pearl (#QAB), phantom black pearl (#GAE), brilliant silver metallic (#K23)). Autech options include exclusive large roof spoiler, exclusive seat upholstery premium white leather (3.5-litre engine model only). Autech dealer options include exclusive front protector, exclusive front protector decal, exclusive LED daytime running lights.
Japan models of Nissan Elgrand went on sale in 2014-01-15. Early Nissan Elgrand models include 250XG (8 seats), 250 Highway Star (7/8 seats), 250 Highway Star Premium (8 seats), 350 Highway Star (7/8 seats), 350 Highway Star Premium (7 seats).
Japan models of Autech Elgrand models on sale in 2014-01-20. Early Autech Rider (Black Line) models include 250XG (2WD/4WD), 350 Highway Star (2WD/4WD). Early Autech High Performance Spec (Black Line) models include 350 Highway Star (2WD). Early Autech Enchante models include 250XG (2WD/4WD), 250 Highway Star (2WD/4WD), 350 Highway Star (2WD/4WD). Early Autech VIP 2 and VIP 3 models include 350 Highway Star (2WD/4WD).
There is a strong grey import market emerging for Elgrands in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Russia and the Philippines. Growth in these markets is mainly driven by car enthusiasts or an unfilled need for an eight-seat vehicle or MPV in that market. In the Philippines, first generation models are converted to left-hand drive and sold. It is even used as an ambulance (direct Japanese import).
In Hong Kong presently (2007), two models are on offer, the Elgrand XL and Elgrand Highway Star, an eight-passenger variant. The Elgrand is packed with options including the AFS (Active Front Lighting System), also available in the third-generation Toyota Previa/Estima. The Elgrand comes in six colors and is equipped with twin sunroofs and Xenon headlamps with an automatic on-off system. The base price for either the Elgrand XL or Highway Star is $486,800 Hong Kong Dollars.
In the United Kingdom most Elgrands are imported for resale through specialist Japanese car import agents or dealerships. There is also a growing market in self-importing Elgrands by either purchasing directly through Japanese car auctions or online dealers. Currently in the UK it is estimated that 600-700 Elgrands have been imported, most being the earlier E50 (1997–2001), possibly only about 50 the later E51 (2002–2009) and 1 latest E52 (2010-) model.
In Australia, Elgrands are imported from Japanese import agents and special dealerships. It is estimated that Australia only has about 400-500 Nissan Elgrands mostly being the old model(E50 1997-2001). The E51 (2004–2009) model is rare and will only be sold mostly by Japanese car importers.
- Nissan Releases the All-New Elgrand
- エルグランド累計販売25万台記念車「ＶＧ バージョンＬ」「ハイウェイスター バージョンＬ」を発売
- エルグランド 「ハイウェイスター」を一部改良
- 「エルグランド」にV6 2.5Lエンジン搭載車を追加
- Nissan's Exhibits at the 38th Tokyo Motor Show-Commercial Vehicles --Broad Lineup of Both Commercial Vehicles and Lifecare Vehicles--
- 日産自動車、第38回東京モーターショー（商用車）出展概要を発表 ～商用車、福祉車両とも幅広いラインナップを展示～
- Detroit 2008: Nissan Forum concept - diesel-powered family transport
- The Complete Guide to the Nissan Elgrand E51
- http://www.autoincar.com/next-generation-nissan-quest-r42h-be-share-new-elgrand-j42h-body-component/[dead link]
- 新型「エルグランド」を発売 －あわせて、「ライダー」、「アンシャンテ」、「VIP」を発売－
- All-New Nissan Elgrand Debuts
- The Complete Guide to the Nissan Elgrand E52
- 全新2011日產ELGRAND 350 Highway Star Premium隆重登場
- 全新ELGRAND 駕御凌厲自主‧超越豪華房車
- 日產ELGRAND 250‧顯赫登場
- Nissan to Showcase Nine Exciting and Innovative Models at Tokyo Auto Salon
- オーテックジャパン、「セレナ」「キューブ」「ノート」「エルグランド」の特別仕様車「ライダー ブラックライン」シリーズを発売
- エルグランド」の一部仕様を向上 ―あわせて特別仕様車「ハイウェイスター アーバンクロム」を発売―
- Nissan to Showcase 10 Exciting Models at Tokyo Auto Salon 2012
- 新型「エルグランド」用ニスモスポーツパーツを新発売 -あわせて汎用ニスモフューエルキャップカバー新発売-
- All-New Elgrand Orders Exceed 6,000 Units in 2 Weeks - More Than Three Times The Monthly Target -
- 新型「エルグランド」の受注状況について - 発表後2週間で月販目標の3倍超を受注 -
- Strong Demand Continues for All-new March and Elgrand
- 新型「マーチ」と新型「エルグランド」の受注状況について --マーチは発表後約1ヵ月半で20,000台、エルグランドは約1ヶ月で10,000台を上回る受注--
- 日産オリジナルグッズ「NISSAN collection」の新商品を発売 -新型「エルグランド」のモデルカーを新たにラインアップ-
- 「エルグランド」に世界初「踏み間違い衝突防止アシスト（駐車枠検知機能付）」を採用 -あわせて特別仕様車「ハイウェイスター アーバンクロム ブラックレザー」 「ハイウェイスター ブラックレザー」を追加-
- HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NISSAN EXHIBIT AT THE 2013 TOKYO MOTOR SHOW
- 「東京オートサロン 2014」の出展概要を発表
- Nissan to Showcase 10 Exciting Models at Tokyo Auto Salon 2014
- 「エルグランド」をビッグマイナーチェンジ --極めるキング・オブ・ミニバン--
- "Import Factory - Elgrand". www.importfactory.com.au. Retrieved 2013-02-18.[dead link]
- "Nissan Indonesia Bandrol Elgrand Rp 860 juta". Kompas.com. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Nissan Elgrand 2.5L, MPV Premium untuk pengunjung IIMS". merdeka.com. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (May 2012)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nissan Elgrand.|
- Nissan page: World, HK, Japan
- Nissan Elgrand E50 page: 1997-1999, 1999-2000, 2001-2002
- Nissan Elgrand E51 page: 2002-2004, 2004-2007, 2007-2010
- Safety Recalls for Nissan Elgrand Japanese Imports
- Elgrand information site on both E50 & E51 models
- Elgrand twitter information site on both E50 & E51 models
- Elgrand Owners Rally in the United Kingdom
- Nissan Elgrand Model History and Technical Specification
- E50 & E51 Nissan ELGRAND Owners Club UK
- ELGRAND Owners UK - DISQUSion Forum
|« previous — Isuzu Motors international road car timeline, 1980s–present|
|Gemini / I-Mark||Gemini / I-Mark|
|Compact car||117 Coupé||Gemini / Stylus||Gemini||Gemini|
|Piazza / Impulse||Piazza / Impulse|
|Florian SII||Florian Aska||Aska / JJ||Aska / Aska CX||Aska||Aska|
|Panther / Leopard / Hi-Lander||Panther / Hi-Lander / Crosswind / AUV / Sportivo|
|MU / Rodeo / Wizard / Frontier / Cameo||MU / Rodeo / Wizard / Vega|
|Mid-size SUV||Axiom||MU-7 / Alterra / Choiz / Duogongnengche|
|Trooper / Bighorn / Trooper II||Trooper / Bighorn|
|Faster / KB||Faster / KB||Faster /KB/Pickup/Dragon/Fuego/Invader/Ippon/Rodeo/TF/TFR/Spark||D-Max / Rodeo||D-Max / V-Cross|
|Commercial vehicle||Geminett||Geminett II||Bison|
|Fargo / Midi / WFR||Fargo||Como||Como|