|Also called||Chevrolet City Express
Nissan NV200 Vanette
Mitsubishi Delica D:3
Ashok Leyland Stile
|Assembly||Jiutepec, Morelos, Mexico (Nissan Mexico)
Shōnan, Kanagawa, Japan (Nissan Shatai)
Spain (Nissan Motor Ibérica S.A.) (November 2009–)
China (Zhengzhou Nissan) (2010–)
Chennai, India (Nissan India)(2012-)
Purwakarta, Indonesia (Nissan Indonesia) (2012-)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Light commercial vehicle|
|Body style||4-door van|
|Layout||Front engine, front-wheel drive|
|Platform||Nissan B platform|
1.5 L HR15DE I4
1.6 L HR16DE I4
2.0 L MR20DE I4
1.5 L K9K I4 (Europe)
|Wheelbase||2010-12: 2,860 mm (112.6 in)
2013-: 115.2 in (2,926 mm)
|Length||2010-12: 4,400 mm (173.2 in)
2013-: 186.2 in (4,729 mm)
|Width||2010-12: 1,695 mm (66.7 in)
2013-: 68.1 in (1,730 mm)
|Height||2010-12: 1,850–1,855 mm (72.8–73.0 in)
2013-: 73.5 in (1,867 mm)
|Predecessor||Nissan Vanette Van (Japan)
Nissan Kubistar (Europe)
The Nissan NV200 is a light commercial vehicle produced by Nissan. It was first shown as the NV200 Concept at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. It was launched in Japan as Nissan NV200 Vanette on May 21, 2009, and in Europe in autumn 2009. In April 2010, it was named the Professional Van and Light Truck Magazine Van of the Year 2010. In China, the NV200 is built by Nissan in partnership with Dongfeng Motor, and was released in June 2010. In Indonesia, where it is also manufactured since 2012, the car is marketed as the "Evalia", available in standard S, more equipped SV and top of the line XV. An electric vehicle based on NV200 is planned.
The NV200 was one of three finalists (alongside the Karsan V-1 and Ford Transit Connect) for New York City's Taxi of Tomorrow. The Nissan was announced as the winner in May 2011 and is expected to be awarded a 10-year contract to provide the city exclusively with some 13,000 yellow cabs, starting in 2013. The European version with the 1.5L Diesel four-cylinder gets 54.4 averaged mpg (44 miles per US gallon); however, the American version will obtain fewer miles per gallon. The American version will be built in Mexico and powered by a 2.0L gasoline four-cylinder engine and has been rated at 25mpg(US).
Since October 2011, the Vanette has also been sold as the Mitsubishi Delica D:3.
The NV200 Combi received a three-star EuroNCAP score in May 2013. EuroNCAP commented of the adult occupant: "When the car was inspected after the frontal impact test, it was found that the floor panel had torn away from the base of the A pillar and numerous spot welds had released between the floor and sill...the main body of the sill was found to be bent inwards. The passenger compartment was judged to be unstable and the car was penalised. Similarly, the driver's footwell was found to have ruptured and was unstable and a further penalty was applied."
Based on the Nissan NV200, Nissan introduced the Nissan e-NV200 concept all-electric van at the 2012 North American Auto Show in Detroit. The e-NV200 has a 24 kWh battery pack that is expected to have a range similar to Nissan Leaf of 73 mi (117 km).
Trials with a prototype were conducted with Japan Post Service beginning in July 2011, followed by trials with FedEx in London starting in December 2011. More testing with a more advanced pre-production version, unveiled at the 64th IAA Commercial Vehicle International Motor Show in Hanover, took place in Singapore, the UK, the U.S. and Brazil. A more extensive 6-month trial with 28 units delivered to British Gas began in the UK in November 2013.
The production version was unveiled at the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show. Production is scheduled to begin in Barcelona, Spain, by mid-2014, followed by the European market released. Deliveries in the Japanese market will begin before the end of March 2014. The Nissan e-NV200 was expected to be available by 2017 for the NYC Taxi of Tomorrow fleet.
Nissan Evalia in India
The Evalia was launched in India on the 27th of September, 2012. This new MPV from the stables of Nissan Motors is slotted in between the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, which was launched in India in the month of April and has managed to make a mark in this segment, and the Toyota Innova, which is tagged as the bestselling MPV for a long time now. Maruti Ertiga’s highest selling point is its low price that has set the ball rolling for the new compact MPV in the Indian car market.
Chevrolet City Express
General Motors' Chevrolet division announced in May 2013 that it would sell a re-badged version of the NV200 van for the U.S., labelled Chevrolet City Express. The model is not planned to go on sale until the fall of 2014.
- Lim, Anthony. "Mitsubishi Delica D:3 – rebadged Nissan NV200 goes on sale in Japan beginning end-October". Paultan.org. Retrieved 2012-09-08.
- "Ashok Leyland Stile Is a Nissan NV200-Based Van for India". Freeinews.com. 2013-06-16. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- 日産自動車、小型商用車「NV200バネット」発売 GAZOO.com (Japanese)
- NV200: Nissan's new global van makes European debut at Barcelona Motor Show NISSAN Europe News Bureau
- Nissan NV200 is the International Van of the Year 2010 Nissan Media Europe
- "Nissan Evalia Sudah Dipesan 1.000 Unit" [1,000 Evalias ordered]. tempo.co. 2012-06-07. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- Nissan NV200 What Van?
- NV200: Nissan's new small versatile people Carrier and van Nissan/Infiniti News Room
- Dongfeng Nissan Releases NV200 ChinaAutoWeb.com
- Nissan Releases Concept Sketch of Light Commercial Electric Vehicle Nissan Europe News Bureau
- Berk, Honey (2010-12-05). "Meet the Taxis of Tomorrow". AOL. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- Wall Street Journal - New York’s Next Taxi Will Be a Nissan WSJ.com Metropolis section - May 3, 2011, 11:27 AM ET
- Nissan UK (2011-09-19). "Nissan UK". NISSAN. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- MMC to launch Delica D: 3 in Japan, M Autos, 12 Oct, 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Nissan Evalia - EuroNCAP". EuroNCAP. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Nissan e-NV200 Concept debuts, previewing multi-usage zero emissions small van". Green Car Congress. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Nissan begins global proving tests for NV200-based EVs for compact commercial market". Green Car Congress. 2011-07-04. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Nissan, FedEx To Trial Nissan NV200 Electric Vans In London". Green Car Reports. 2011-12-13. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Fedex Express and Nissan expand cooperative testing of battery electric e-NV200 compact van; new panel version". Green Car Congress. 2012-09-19. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- Successful Trial of Electric Nissan e-NV200 Comes to an End in London
- Nissan Expands Test of Electric e-NV200 Van into Singapore; Headed to US Next
- Nissan Ships 28 e-NV200 Electric Vans To British Gas – Largest Commercial Trial To Date (video)
- Jeffrey N. Ross (2013-11-22). "Nissan e-NV200 EV charges into Tokyo". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "New York could see electric taxis in 2017", Gavin Conway, TheChargingPoint.com, May 8, 2011
- Exclusive Images Of Evalia Launch Exclusive Evalia Launch Images By Carazoo
- "GM to Source Small Cargo Vehicle from Nissan for U.S., Canada Markets". GM Media. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "Chevrolet to sell compact van built by Nissan". FOX News. 2013-05-14. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- Nissan NV200 Nissan UK
- Nissan NV200 Vanette (Japanese)
- Nissan NV200 - Nissan Commercial Vehicles USA