|Genre||Fast casual restaurant|
|Headquarters||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Key people||Scott Crane CEO|
|Products||Hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, french fries, shakes, soft drinks|
Smashburger’s menu focuses primarily on burgers, chicken sandwiches, and salads, with a wide variety of toppings and customized options. In mid-2013, they streamlined their menu and eliminated items like hot dogs and crispy (fried) chicken. The restaurant serves localized burgers in each market based on regional flavors. For instance, The Colorado Burger (grilled green chilies, cheddar, pepper jack, lettuce, tomato and mayo on a spicy chipotle bun) is only available at Colorado locations, while the Buckeye Burger (fried pepper rings, American cheese, haystack onions, lettuce, tomato and mayo on an egg bun) is only available in Ohio locations. Sides and shakes are often customized as well. The company also offers a variety of sides, including sweet potato fries, fried onions, fried mild green chilies, fried pickles, and chili. For the health conscious, the menu also offers a vegetarian black bean burger and Veggie Frites. Desserts include shakes, malts, and floats made with Häagen-Dazs ice cream.
At one point Smashburger offerings included breakfast, but after realizing the market demand was not as high, those items were removed from the menu.
Since its inception, Smashburger has received notable awards and support from the Denver alternative weekly Westword, Denver Magazine, St. Paul Magazine, Nation's Restaurant News In 2010, the Sin City Smashburger was named one of the top burgers of the year by Las Vegas Weekly, Forbes, and was included on the Inc. 500 List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies, INC and Fast Casual where it topped the 2012 "Top Mover & Shakers list.
- "Smashburger Tour". Burger Weekly (Burger Weekly). June 12, 2013. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "Tabor Center - Smashburger"
- "Denver Best Locally Based Chain"
- "Smashburger in Denver CO on Denver's 7 'A List'"
- "Thin Burgers"
- "Hot Concepts Winners"
- "Best Burger"
- http://www.forbes.com/sites/jjcolao/2011/11/30/meet-americas-most-promising-company-smashburger Meet America's Most Promising Company: Smashburger
- http://smashburger.com/2011/12/smashburger-lands-on-the-inc-500 Smashburger Lands On the Inc. 500
- "INC. Hire Power Awards"
- "Fast Casual releases 2012 Top 100 Movers & Shakers