Alan F. Horn
|Alan F. Horn|
Alan Horn with Jason Alexander
February 28, 1943 |
New York City, New York
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Alma mater||Union College
Harvard Business School
|Employer||The Walt Disney Studios|
Horn was raised in a Jewish family on Long Island, New York in Riverhead. He graduated from Union College in Schenectady, New York in 1964. In 1971 he received a MBA from Harvard Business School.
Prior to joining The Walt Disney Company, Horn was President and COO of Warner Bros. Under his leadership, Warner Bros. had many hits, including the Harry Potter series and Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy. Horn served in various positions at 20th Century Fox and at Norman Lear's television production company, Tandem Productions. He was also one of the founders of Castle Rock Entertainment, a company he oversaw at Warner.
Horn also sits on the board of directors of Univision.
Horn currently lives in the East Gate Bel Air section of Los Angeles, California with his wife, Cindy Horn (née Harrell), a former model. They have two daughters, actress Cody Horn (Magic Mike) and Cassidy Horn.
- Friedman, Roger (2012-04-18). "Alan Horn, Former Warner Bros. Chief, To Run Disney". Forbes. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
- Algemeiner Journal: "Hillary Clinton Raises Record $2.1 Million at Event Hosted by Jewish Hollywood Moguls" OCTOBER 21, 2014
- Riverhead News Review 
- "Students in Schenectady spellbound by Harry Potter's wand". Union.edu. 2010-11-20. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
- "Disney nabs former Warner Bros. president Alan Horn, names him chair of studio". The Washington Post. Associated Press. 2012-05-23. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
- "Warner Bros. studio chief Alan Horn to deliver 2010 Commencement address". Union.edu. 2010-02-23. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
- The Huffington Post FundRace 2008 Contributions map
- Fiamma Sanò (2010-04-27). "Cody Horn". Vogue.it. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Hamptons Magazine: "#Hamptons35 Flashback: Cindy Harrell Horn, Circa 1982" by John Vilanova May 23, 2013
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|