The Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL) is a non-governmental organization (NGO). Its aim is to assist member institutions to strengthen themselves through mutual self-help to achieve distinction in teaching, research, and public service, thereby contributing to their respective nations and beyond. Established in Bangkok in January 1955, it is one of the oldest regional organizations in Southeast Asia. As of 2016[update] the ASAIHL Secretary-General is Dr Ninnat Olanvoravuth of Chulalongkorn University.
As of 2020, ASAIHL has 246 member institutions from 25 countries.
|Country||Number of Member Institutions|
- Sir Nicholas Attygalle, University of Ceylon
- Air Marshal Muni M. Vejyant Rangshrisht, Chulalongkorn University
- Dr Lindsay Ride, University of Hong Kong
- Prof Bahder Djohan, University of Indonesia
- Sir Sydney Caine, University of Malaya
- Dr Vidal A. Tan, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Dr Htin Aung, University of Rangoon
- Prof Nguyễn Quang Trình, National University of Vietnam
- "Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL)". Union of International Associations (UIA). Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "Contact US". Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL). Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "ASAIHL Members". ASAIHL. Retrieved 18 June 2020.
- "Founding Fathers". Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL). Archived from the original on 2 October 2016. Retrieved 1 June 2019.