Bae in 2016, during the promotion of the film The Tunnel
|Born||October 11, 1979|
Seoul, South Korea
|Education||Konkuk University – Department of Film Arts|
|Revised Romanization||Bae Du-na|
Bae Doona (Korean: 배두나; Korean pronunciation: [pɛduna]; born October 11, 1979) is a South Korean actress and photographer. She became known outside Korea for her roles as a political activist in Park Chan-wook's Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002), archer Park Nam-joo in Bong Joon-ho's The Host (2006), and as the doll in Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Air Doll (2009). She has had English-speaking roles in the Wachowski films Cloud Atlas (2012) and Jupiter Ascending (2015), and their TV series Sense8 (2015–2018). Her latest work is on a Netflix period zombie thriller, Kingdom (2019–present).
Bae Doona was born in Seoul, South Korea. Growing up, she would follow her mother, Kim Hwa-young, a stage actress, to theater and rehearsal halls, learning lines of dialogue as she went along. This did not initially lead her towards acting, saying: "People might say that since my mother is a theater actor, I became an actress. But to me, those experiences probably had the opposite effect. On the contrary, because I saw many great actors working with my mother, I thought this was a job only people with extraordinary talent could do."
A Hanyang University student in 1998, she was scouted by a model talent agency in Seoul. This led to her modeling clothing for COOLDOG's catalog, among others. In 1999 she switched to acting before completing her studies at Hanyang University, debuting in the TV drama School. Later that year, she appeared as the ghost in The Ring Virus, a Korean remake of the Japanese horror film Ring.
In 2000, director Bong Joon-ho cast Doona in the film Barking Dogs Never Bite for her willingness to do the part without makeup, something other South Korean actresses were unwilling to do. She later cited this part as the role that pushed her to pursue a serious acting career, saying: "That film made me decide to become an actress – a good actress – and that film thereby changed my whole life." In Kim So-young's documentary Women's History Trilogy (2000–2004), she stated her admiration for veteran South Korean actress Yoon Jeong-hee. In the same documentary, Bae stated that her own most memorable scene was being chased by the homeless man throughout the apartment in Barking Dogs Never Bite. That same year she gave a risque performance (albeit with a body double for the more intense scenes) in Plum Blossom, and started getting more work on television.
In 2003 both Tube and Spring Bears Love disappointed at the box office. After completing principal photography on Spring Bears Love, she decided to take time off from film work, saying: "I never lived even once without having anything to do. The moment a film was presented to the press, I was almost always already shooting the next one [...] I thought by myself: now my first cycle is really over. While I rest a little, I wanted to make a fresh new start."
During her hiatus from film, she took up photography, examples of which can be seen on her official blog and in her published photo-essay books. She also continued to work on TV, starring in Country Princess and Rosemary. Doona acted on stage in 2004, for a production of Sunday Seoul (not to be confused with the South Korean movie of the same title), a play co-written by Park Chan-wook.
2006-present: Breakthrough success
She reunited with Bong Joon-ho in 2006's The Host, which became the highest-grossing film in South Korean box office history. For her role, she trained in archery for months. She then returned to television, through the series Someday and How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor.
After winning accolades for Air Doll, a 2009 film by Japanese director Hirokazu Kore-eda about an inflatable doll that develops a soul and falls in love, Bae made back-to-back TV series in 2010, playing a high school teacher in Master of Study, and a night club singer in Gloria.
Her 2012 sports film As One was based on the true story of the 1991 world table tennis championship held in Chiba, Japan where North Korean player Ri Bun-hui and South Korean player Hyun Jung-hwa defeated the Chinese team. Bae and co-star Ha Ji-won were trained by Hyun herself, and Bae learned to play left-handed like Ri. Afterwards she made a brief appearance in the science fiction film Doomsday Book.
Bae made her English-language, Hollywood debut in Cloud Atlas, as Sonmi~451, a clone in a dystopian Korea. She also played the minor roles of Tilda Ewing, the wife of an abolitionist in pre-Civil War America, and a Mexican woman who crosses paths with an assassin. Co-directed by The Wachowskis and Tom Tykwer, the US$100 million adaptation of David Mitchell's novel premiered at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival to divisive reviews, though Bae's performance was praised by critics. In a 2019 interview, she said of the Wachowskis, "They have become as important as my mother; they have my respect and my trust. When they contacted me to participate in Cloud Atlas, I couldn’t believe it. We first met on Skype and I made a demo tape that I sent them. They gave me an important role despite my lack of English proficiency. I believe that a certain understanding developed between us at that time, which pushed me to follow them on Sense8. Thanks to them, I have had opportunities that are not given to all the actors. Most importantly, it is the passion they bring to their work that has made our collaboration so enjoyable. They made me want to surpass myself and enabled me to overcome fear and limits."
Back in Korea, Bae next starred in the 2014 film A Girl at My Door, directed by July Jung and produced by Lee Chang-dong. Playing a small-town police officer who tries to save a mysterious young girl she suspects is a victim of domestic violence, Bae said she was so fascinated by the story and emotionally challenging role that she decided to star in the movie without pay three hours after reading the script. The film premiered in the Un Certain Regard section of the 2014 Cannes Film Festival, and Bae later won Best Actress at the Asian Film Awards for her performance.
In 2015, she again worked with the Wachowskis for their space opera Jupiter Ascending, in which she played a small supporting role as a bounty hunter. This was followed by Sense8, an American science fiction series created by the Wachowskis and co-written by J. Michael Straczynski. Concerning eight strangers from different cultures and parts of the world who share a violent psychic vision and suddenly find themselves telepathically connected, Sense8 began streaming on Netflix in 2015.
Bae then appeared in a 90-minute web film directed by her older brother, commercial director Bae Doo-han. Titled Red Carpet Dream, it is a biopic of how Bae dreamed of becoming an actress when she was young and her 20-year acting career. Commissioned for the 20th anniversary of the Busan International Film Festival and sponsored by MAC Cosmetics, the film screened at the festival as well as on Facebook and cable channel CGV.
Back on the big screen, Bae starred alongside Ha Jung-woo in the survival drama film The Tunnel. She then teamed up with Japanese director Shunji Iwai and actor Kim Joo-hyuk for the short film, Chang-ok's Letter.
Bae returned to Korean TV screens in 2017 with mystery legal thriller Stranger, playing a passionate police officer. The series was a hit and gained favorable reviews for its tight plot, gripping sequences and strong performances.
In June 2018, Bae was one of 14 professionals from the Korean film industry invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS). The same year, she starred in crime thriller The Drug King. She also stars in Netflix's zombie series Kingdom, and romance drama Matrimonial Chaos, a remake of the Japanese television series of the same name.
|Year||English title||Original title||Role||Notes|
|1999||The Ring Virus||링 (Ring)||Park Eun-suh|
|2000||Barking Dogs Never Bite||플란다스의 개 (Dogs of Plandas)||Park Hyun-nam|
|Plum Blossom||청춘 (Youth)||Seo Nam-ok|
|2001||Take Care of My Cat||고양이를 부탁해 (Take Care of My Cat)||Yoo Tae-hee|
|2002||Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance||복수는 나의 것 (Vengeance Is Mine)||Cha Young-mi|
|Saving My Hubby||굳세어라 금순아 (Be Brave, Geum-soon!)||Jung Geum-soon|||
|2003||Tube||튜브 (Tube)||Song In-kyung|
|Spring Bears Love||봄날의 곰을 좋아하세요? (Do you like springtime bear?)||Jung Hyun-chae|
|2005||Linda Linda Linda||リンダ リンダ リンダ (Linda Linda Linda)||Son||Japanese film|
|Tea Date||Sun-hee||American short film|
|2006||The Host||괴물 (Monster)||Park Nam-joo|
|2009||Air Doll||空気人形 (Air Doll)||Nozomi||Japanese film|
|2012||Doomsday Book||인류멸망보고서 (Report of Human Fall)||Adult Park Min-seo (cameo)||segment: "Happy Birthday"|
|As One||코리아 (Korea)||Ri Bun-hui|
|Cloud Atlas||Sonmi~451 /
Tilda Ewing /
Megan's mom /
|German / American film|
|2014||A Girl at My Door||도희야 (Dohiya)||Lee Young-nam|
|2015||Jupiter Ascending||Razo||American film|
|Red Carpet Dream||Herself||Web film|
|2016||The Tunnel||터널 (Tunnel)||Se-hyun|
|2017||Chang-ok's Letter||Short film|
|2018||The Drug King||마약왕 (Drug king)||Kim Jeong-ah|
|Year||English title||Original title||Role||Notes||Network|
|1998||Angel's Kiss||천사의 키스 Angel's Kiss)||KBS2|
|1999||School||학교 (School)||Doona Bae||KBS1|
|Ad Madness||광끼 (Cow)||Pyo Roo-na||KBS2|
|2000||Love Story "Miss Hip-hop and Mr. Rock"||러브스토리: 미스 힙합과 미스터 록||Young-yi||SBS|
|Look Back in Anger||성난 얼굴로 돌아보라 (Turn to the angry face||Lee Mi-na||KBS2|
|Cruise Ship of Love||—||Doona Bae||KBS2|
|I Want To Keep Seeing You||자꾸만 보고 싶네 (I'd love to see you)||Ham Choon-bong||SBS|
|Mothers and Sisters||엄마야 누나야 (I'm your mother)||Gong Chan-mi||MBC|
|2001||Open Drama Man & Woman
"You say it's love, but I think it's desire"
|2003||Country Princess||위풍당당 그녀 (She is an idol)||Lee Eun-hee||MBC|
|Rosemary||로즈마리 (Rojeumari)||Shin Kyung-soo||KBS2|
|2005||Beating Heart||떨리는 가슴 (Trembling chest)||Doona Bae||MBC|
|2006||Someday||썸데이 (Someday)||Hana Yamaguchi||OCN|
|2007||How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor||완벽한 이웃을 만나는 법 (How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor)||Jung Yoon-hee||SBS|
|2010||Master of Study||공부의 신 (God of study)||Han Soo-jung||KBS2|
|Gloria||글로리아 (Geulroria)||Na Jin-jin||MBC|
|2017—present||Stranger||비밀의 숲 (Secret Forest)||Han Yeo-jin||tvN|
|2018||Matrimonial Chaos||최고의 이혼 (Best Divorce)||Kang Hwi-roo||KBS2|
|2019||Persona||페르소나 (Persona)||Doona||"Love Set" episode|
|2021||The Silent Sea||고요의 바다||Song Ji-an|||
Music video appearances
|"Party Time"||Ray Jay|
|2007||"Every Time I Look at You"||Kang Kyun-sung|
|2009||"Tsumetai Ame"||Every Little Thing|
|2010||"Seesaw" / "Confession"||Hot Potato|
|"Temperature of Separation"||Yoon Jong-shin feat. You Hee-yeol|
|Radio TenTen Club||SBS||DJ|
|2004||Sunday Seoul||Actress, producer|
|2005||リンダ リンダ ("Linda Linda")||Linda Linda Linda OST |
we are PARAN MAUM EP
|僕の右手 Boku no Migite ("My Right Hand")|
|終わらない歌 Owaranai Uta ("Never Ending Song")|
|2010||글로리아 ("Gloria")||Gloria OST|
|바보랍니다 ("I'm a Fool")|
|"Ready to Fly" (feat. Jung Jae-yun)|
|2006||Doona's London Play||Taste Factory||ISBN 89-958439-0-X|
|2007||Doona's Tokyo Play||Taste Factory||ISBN 89-958439-5-0|
|2008||Doona's Seoul Play||Chung-Ang Books||ISBN 978-89-6188-765-6|
Awards and nominations
|1999||KBS Drama Awards||Best New Actress||School, Ad Madness||Won|
|2000||37th Grand Bell Awards||Best New Actress||Barking Dogs Never Bite||Nominated|
|21st Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best New Actress||Won|||
|3rd Director's Cut Awards||Best New Actress||Plum Blossom||Won|||
|KBS Drama Awards||Popularity Award||RNA||Won|||
|2001||21st Korean Association of Film Critics Awards||Best Actress||Take Care of My Cat||Won|||
|9th Chunsa Film Art Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|2nd Women in Film Korea Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|2002||38th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|3rd Busan Film Critics Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|23rd Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Actress||Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance||Nominated|||
|2003||MBC Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress||Country Princess||Nominated|||
|2006||27th Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||The Host||Nominated|||
|9th Director's Cut Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|2007||SBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor||Nominated|
|2008||Chlotrudis Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Linda Linda Linda||Nominated|
|2010||19th Tokyo Sports Film Awards||Best Actress||Air Doll||Won|||
|33rd Japan Academy Prize||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|4th Asian Film Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|23rd Takasaki Film Festival||Best Actress||Won|||
|MBC Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress||Gloria||Nominated|||
|KBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Master of Study||Nominated|
|2013||CinEuphoria Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Cloud Atlas||Nominated|
|International Online Cinema Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2014||30th Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Awards||Best Actress in a Foreign Film||A Girl at My Door||Won|||
|23rd Buil Film Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|2015||20th Chunsa Film Art Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|9th Asian Film Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|2nd Wildflower Film Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|51st Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|2016||37th Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||The Tunnel||Nominated|
|Popular Star Award||Won|||
|53rd Grand Bell Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2017||19th Asian Film Critics Association Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|53rd Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|22nd Chunsa Film Art Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|26th Buil Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|1st Elle Style Awards||Super Icon (Female)||N/A||Won|||
|2018||KBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress||Matrimonial Chaos||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Nominated|
|Best Couple (with Cha Tae-hyun)||Won|||
|2019||24th Busan International Film Festival||‘Etoile du Cinéma’ (Cinema Star)||N/A||Won|||
- "The Actress of Positive Stateless/BEA Doo-na of Air Doll". Korean Film Biz Zone. July 1, 2009.
- "Cine21 Interviews Bae Doo-Na". Twitch Film. November 3, 2005.
- [스타데이트] 이젠 어른처럼…연기 변신중인 배두나. Kukmin Ilbo (in Korean). July 12, 2000.
- Ho, Stewart (May 11, 2012). "Bae Doo Na Reveals She Was Sadako Crawling Out of the TV Screen From The Ring Virus". enewsWorld.
- Paquet, Darcy. "Actors and Actresses of Korean Cinema: Bae Doo-na". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "달려라 두나! <플란다스의 개>의 배두나". Cine21 (in Korean). February 29, 2000.
- "Interview: Doona Bae and A Girl at My Door". FilmDoo. September 23, 2015. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- Hartzell, Adam. "Women's History Trilogy (2000-4)". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "Bae Doo-na: Acting Without a Pretty Face On". The Chosun Ilbo. April 10, 2006.
- Park, Jeong-ho (October 7, 2001). "Flashy, Rebellious and Ready for Stardom". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Lee, Seung-heon (March 25, 2002). "Park Chan-Uk – Song Kang-Ho Duo's New Movie, Revenge Is Mine". The Dong-a Ilbo.
- Paquet, Darcy. "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- [스타인터뷰]'굳세어라 금순아' 배두나. The Donga Ilbo (in Korean). October 14, 2002.
- 로맨틱 연애 추리담，<봄날의 곰을 좋아하세요?>. Cine21 (in Korean). October 21, 2003.
- "Bae Doo-na Promotes Seoul in Photo Book". The Chosun Ilbo. November 26, 2008.
- Cheon, Seung-hoon (March 11, 2003). "Bae Doo-na, Heroine in New MBC TV Series A Confident Girl". The Dong-a Ilbo.
- <연합인터뷰>`봄날의…' 주인공 배두나. Yonhap News (in Korean). October 8, 2003.
- "Bae Du-na Makes Surprise Debut as Singer in Japan". KBS Global. March 16, 2005. Archived from the original on December 26, 2013. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- "Korean actress Bae Doona greets to the house on the occasion of the opening day of a Japanese Film Linda Linda Linda". Hancinema. Koreacontent.org. July 24, 2005.
- Kevin B. Lee, Michael Kerpan (February 28, 2008). "We love Bae Doo-na (even if Korea doesn't)". alsolikelife.com. Shooting Down Pictures.
- "I'm Young for the Role of a Divorced Woman, But..." The Dong-a Ilbo. March 30, 2005.
- "The Host". The Donga Ilbo. July 6, 2006.
- "PRESS SCREENING: 괴물 (The Host)". Twitch Film. July 7, 2006.
- "케이블 OCN 미니시리즈'썸데이'주연 배두나". Herald Corp (in Korean). April 25, 2010.
- "Bae Doona, "Right now? I'm having the time of my life!"". Hancinema. Broasia. September 7, 2007.
- Cho, Bum-ja (March 25, 2010). "Bae Doo-na says Doll nude scene filming was "surprising"". 10Asia.
- "Bae Doo-na Braves Nude Scene in Japanese Film". The Chosun Ilbo. March 27, 2010.
- Sung, So-young (April 9, 2010). "Bae brings life to an Air Doll". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Beck, Una (July 1, 2009). "The Actress of Positive Stateless/BAE Doo-na of Air Doll". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- Han, Sang-hee (January 5, 2010). "Heroines Line Up for Dramas in 2010". The Korea Times.
- Wee, Geun-woo (January 5, 2010). "PREVIEW: KBS TV series God of Study". 10Asia.
- Lucia Hong, Lee Ji-hye (July 28, 2010). "Bae Doo-na was "worried over bad singing"". 10Asia.
- "Bae Doo Na: 'Practicing Singing Is Tough'". KBS Global. July 29, 2013.
- Oh, Jean (August 1, 2010). "Bae Doo-na grabs the mike in Gloria". The Korea Herald.
- Cho, Jae-eun (April 6, 2012). "Athletes' story of friendship retold in As One". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Kwak, Je-yup (April 10, 2012). "Sports flick As One targets patriots". The Korea Times.
- Oh, Mi-jung (April 17, 2012). "Bae Doo Na Thought about North Korea's Great Leader". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on July 17, 2012.
- Choi, Eun-hwa (April 26, 2012). "Interview: Bae Doo Na Opens Up About Her Lee Bun Hui Character in Korea". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on July 8, 2012.
- ""I'm Coming Out of Being Lee Boon-Hee," says Bae Doo-Na". Seen in Jeonju. Issue Daily. May 4, 2012.
- Park, Hyun-min (May 3, 2012). "Bae Doo Na Talks of How She Lost Her Toenail in Shoot for Korea". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on July 8, 2012.
- Lee, In-kyung (April 13, 2012). "How Would You Rate Bae Doo Na's Doomsday Book Fashion Sense?". enewsWorld.
- "Bae Doo-na to Play Clone in Wachowskis New Sci-Fi Flick". The Chosun Ilbo. September 14, 2011.
- "Bae Doo-na Ice Cool Ahead of Hollywood Debut". The Chosun Ilbo. September 24, 2011.
- Lee, Rachel; Jung, Hyun-mok (November 1, 2012). "Cloud Altas star talks Hollywood experience". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Ji, Yong-jin (September 11, 2012). ""BAE Doo-na is marvellous": Cloud Atlas gets raves reviews after its Toronto premiere". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- Shim, Sun-ah (December 13, 2012). "Actress Bae Doona in love with her role in Cloud Atlas". Yonhap News Agency.
- "Korean Actress Doona Bae is a Global Sensation". www.lofficielusa.com. Retrieved April 17, 2020.
- Conran, Pierce (September 2, 2013). "BAE Doo-na and KIM Sae-ron Team up with Producer LEE Chang-dong". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- Lee, Hyo-won (May 20, 2014). "Cannes: Korean Star Bae Doona on How Hollywood Loneliness Informs Her Acting". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Ma, Kevin (May 24, 2014). "Korean actors on A Girl at My Door". Film Business Asia. Archived from the original on May 31, 2014. Retrieved May 26, 2014.
- Sunwoo, Carla (May 16, 2014). "July Jung work selected by Cannes". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- "S. Korea's Bae Doona wins best actress at Asian Film Awards". Yonhap News Agency. March 27, 2015.
- Ahn, Woorim (March 27, 2015). "Bae Doona Wins The Best Actress Award at the 9th Asian Film Awards". BNTNews.
- Chow, Vivienne (March 25, 2015). "Blind Massage takes top honour at Macau's 9th Asian Film Awards". South China Morning Post.
- "Bae Doona to appear in the Wachowskis' next film". Yonhap News Agency. April 16, 2013.
- "Bae Doo-na stars in new film by Wachowski siblings". The Korea Herald. April 16, 2013.
- Lee, Sun-min (April 17, 2013). "Bae Doo-na cast in new Wachowski movie". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Puchko, Kristy (April 19, 2013). "Doona Bae Reteams With The Wachowski Siblings For Jupiter Ascending". Cinema Blend.
- Park, Si-soo (April 6, 2014). "Korean stars grace Hollywood movies". The Korea Times.
- "[Hallyu power] Bae Doo-na breaks through borders". The Korea Herald. March 1, 2016.
- "Bae Doo-na Collaborates with Brother to Make Biographic Film". The Chosun Ilbo. September 24, 2015.
- Shim, Sun-ah (September 21, 2015). "Actress films Web drama with brother for Busan film festival". Yonhap News Agency.
- "Ha Jung-woo, Bae Doo-na to star in movie 'Tunnel'". The Korea Herald. November 24, 2015.
- "BAE Doo-na, KIM Joo-hyuk Team Up for IWAI Shunji Short". Korean Film Biz Zone. December 9, 2016.
- "CHANG-OK'S LETTER with BAE Doo-na and KIM Joo-hyuk Debuts on Youtube". Korean Film Biz Zone. February 28, 2017.
- "Mystery Series Marks Double TV Comeback for Two Top Stars". The Chosun Ilbo. June 3, 2017.
- "'Stranger' starring Bae Doo-na on roll". The Korea Herald. July 2, 2017.
- "'Stranger' ends amid much fanfare". The Korea Herald. July 31, 2017.
- "AMPAS Invites 14 New Korean Members". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved September 5, 2018.
- "BAE Doo-na Returns Home for THE ROMANTIC". Korean Film Biz Zone. February 17, 2015.
- "BAE Doo-na Partners with DRUG KING SONG Kang-ho". Korean Film Biz Zone. April 10, 2017.
- "BAE Doo-na Confirmed for 6-episode Netflix Drama Series Kingdom". Korean Film Biz Zone. October 20, 2017.
- "Cha Tae-hyun and Bae Doo-na confirmed to star in K-drama series, 'The Greatest Divorce'". South China Morning Post. July 20, 2018.
- <굳세어라 금순아>의 귀여운 금순이, 배두나. Cine21 (in Korean). October 2, 2002.
- "BIFF 2005 Archives: Tea Date". biff.kr. Busan International Film Festival. Archived from the original on March 25, 2014. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "[연예가 소식]배두나 SBS 새 일일 드라마 주인공". The Donga Ilbo (in Korean). August 6, 2000.
- "[연예가]MBC 새 드라마 '엄마야 누나야' 주연 탤런트 고수". The Donga Ilbo (in Korean). October 11, 2000.
- Kang, Minji (September 8, 2020). "Netflix brings all-star cast of Bae Doona, Gong Yoo and Lee Joon for sci-fi thriller 'The Silent Sea'". Netflix Media Center. Seoul. Retrieved October 11, 2020.
- "[영화]청룡영화사 작품상 '공동경비구역 JSA'". The Donga Ilbo (in Korean). December 1, 2000.
- "JSA의 박찬욱씨 "올해 감독상"받아". Hankyung (in Korean). December 20, 2000.
- "KBS 연기대상에 김영철". Yonhap News (in Korean). January 1, 2001.
- 영평상 작품상에 '봄날은 간다' 선정. JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). November 30, 2001.
- "Korean Film Awards, 1962-present". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- 올해의 여성영화인상에 이정향 감독. Yonhap News (in Korean). December 10, 2002.
- 백상예술대상 설경구·태조 왕건 ‘영예’. Kukmin Ilbo (in Korean). March 14, 2002.
- Paquet, Darcy (October 19, 2005). "Film Awards Ceremonies in Korea". Koreanfilm.org.
- "23rd Blue Dragon Film Awards". Blue Dragon Film Awards (in Korean). Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- "2003 MBC Drama Awards". iMBC.com (in Korean). Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "27th Blue Dragon Film Awards". Blue Dragon Film Awards (in Korean). Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- 다정하게 손잡고 들어서는 배두나-고아성. Star News via Daum (in Korean). December 15, 2006.
- Jamier, Samuel (December 15, 2006). "The 27th Blue Dragon Awards". Tracking the Blue Dragon Dumplings. Archived from the original on March 20, 2014.
- Yi, Chang-ho (December 28, 2006). "Director's Cut Awards Diversity of Films". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- "Hong Wins Director of the Year Award". The Chosun Ilbo. December 26, 2006.
- Hong, Lucia (January 21, 2010). "Actress Bae Doona wins third award in Japan". 10Asia.
- "Bae Doo-na Wins Three Acting Awards in Japan". The Chosun Ilbo. January 22, 2010.
- Han, Sang-hee (December 23, 2009). "Bae Doo-na Receives Award From Japan Academy Prize". The Korea Times.
- Chang, Tony (December 23, 2009). "Actress Bae Doo-na receives lead actress award in Japan". Yonhap News Agency.
- "Bae Doo-na Wins Japanese Best Actress Award for Air Doll". KBS Global. December 24, 2009. Archived from the original on April 13, 2013.
- "4th AFA Nominees & Winners". Asian Film Awards. January 20, 2010. Archived from the original on November 25, 2011. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- Ko, Kyoung-seok (January 14, 2010). "Bae Doona wins best actress award at Japanese film fest". 10Asia.
- Lee, Hyo-won (January 14, 2010). "Bae Doo-na Named Best Actress". The Korea Times.
- "'2010 MBC 연기대상' 여자 우수상, 박은혜-이소연 공동수상 "울컥"". Union Press (in Korean). December 31, 2010.
- Conran, Pierce (September 29, 2014). "BAE Doo-na Nabs Golden Rooster in China". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- Lee, Sung-eun (September 30, 2014). "Bae Doo-na receives Golden Rooster". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Kim, June (October 6, 2014). "SHIM Eun-kyung, SONG Kang-ho, HONG Sangsoo and ROARING CURRENTS Win at 23rd Buil Film Awards". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- ""Chunsa Film Art Awards" 'A Hard Day' takes home Grand Prix, Ha Jeong-woo and Bae Doona win best actor and actress". hancinema.net. March 18, 2015.
- "S. Korea's Bae Doona wins best actress at Asian Film Awards". The Korea Herald. March 27, 2015.
- Bechervaise, Jason (April 1, 2015). "A Girl at My Door gets 7 Wildflower Awards nominations". The Korea Times.
- Lee, Seung-mi (May 27, 2015). [51회 백상] 배두나가 보여준 '월드 배우'의 매너와 진심. IS Plus (in Korean).
- "INSIDE MEN Deemed Best Film at 37th Blue Dragon Awards". Korean Film Biz Zone. November 29, 2016.
- "고소영X공효진X배두나 등 '엘르스타일어워즈' 수상자 확정 [공식]". Sports Donga (in Korean). October 20, 2017.
- Woo, Bin (January 1, 2019). [2018 KBS 연기대상] 유동근 대상 "장미희 덕분인데 내가 왜..대하드라마 부활 기원" [[2018 KBS Drama Awards] Donggeun Lee Grand Prize "Why am I ... thanks to Jang Mi-hee.]. Ten Asia (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 1, 2019. Retrieved January 1, 2019 – via Naver.
- "BAE Doo-na and KWAK Sin-ae Receive Etoile du Cinema Awards". Korean Film Biz Zone. October 15, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bae Doona.|
- Official website (in Korean)