|Industry||Visual effects, Computer-generated imagery, Feature animation|
Xiamen, China and
Los Angeles, United States
(Founder & CEO)
(Chief Creative Officer)
Number of employees
Base FX is a three-time Emmy Award winning visual effects and animation company with production studios in Beijing, Wuxi and Xiamen, China, and an office in Los Angeles. The company was founded in 2006 and has completed more than 150 films.
Base FX specializes in high-end creature and character animation, fluid and dynamic effects, and photo-real 3D matte painting and set extensions, providing services to Hollywood film companies, producers and top directors in China.
Base FX was founded by CEO Bremble and a team of 12 artists and CG instructors who had previously worked on one of Bremble’s films, the 2005 picture Deep Rescue. The company quickly began to grow, securing clients in China and Hollywood, and building a talented team of artists.
In 2010, Christopher Bremble was awarded an Emmy for Outstanding Special Visual Effects in a Movie or Mini-Series for the company’s work on HBO’s epic war saga The Pacific. The company was awarded its second Emmy in 2011 for its work on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, an American period crime drama television series, and a third one in 2014 for its work on Starz's pirate adventure series "Black Sails".
In May, 2012, Base signed a Strategic Alliance Agreement with Lucasfilm and Industrial Light & Magic (ILM). At the Beijing Film Festival on April 18, 2013, the two companies signed an expanded co-operation deal that secures the exclusive use of the Beijing-based studio’s services for all ILM’s Hollywood films.
In 2012, Base stationed in the industrial park in Wuxi, China, and will work on animation films for clients.
In 2014, Base opened its third production studio in Xiamen, China, to make visual effects for Hollywood films.
On December 29, 2014, Base FX signed strategic cooperation agreements with China Fortune Land Development Co., Ltd. (CFLD) and will tenant in Dachang Film and Media Industrial Park to build a high-end VFX training base.
As of 2014, Base FX has finished 120 projects with more than 10,000 visual effects shots.
On 20 April 2015, Base FX jointly founded China Post Production Alliance (CPPA) at the 5th Beijing International Film Festival to promote and enhance the development of visual effects in China.
In August 2018, Base FX's production arm Base Pictures, working with Meridian Entertainment, began production on action disaster film Crater (Chinese title: Tianhuo). Directed by Simon West, the film stars Hannah Quinlivan, Wang Xueqi, and Shawn Dou and is scheduled for a summer 2019 release. Crater is produced by Chris Bremble, Jennifer Dong, and Jib Polhemus.
|Year||Name of film|
- "Base FX".
- "Base FX in ILM pact".
- "Emmy Winner Taps Chinese Film Market".
- "Creative Arts Emmy Winners".
- "ILM teams with China's Base FX".
- "ILM to Pact With China's Base FX".
- "Hollywood joins hands with Wuxi Studio". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02.
- "Leading visual effects studio Base FX to build its base in Xiamen".
- "Hollywood Film Companies Bring Cultural Innovation and Industry Expertise to Dachang Film and Media Industrial Park". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02.
- "Relativity, Base FX Back New Film School in China".
- "CREDITS and AWARDS". Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Base FX制作的影片".
- "Agent Carter".
- "BASE FX总监揭秘变形金刚4特效制作".
- "工业光魔背后的亚洲英雄：Base FX详解《环太平洋》机器人与CG场景制作".
- "欲望成城：BaseFX《王的盛宴》特效创作". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02.
- "《四大名捕》幕后制作全解析——对话国际视觉特效公司Base FX".
- "Base FX公司：把艾美奖带到中国".
- "访《太平洋战争》 Base FX 特效总监：任激波".
- "专访凯伦:掀起国内3D动画高潮". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- Official Website of Base FX
- Weibo page of Base FX
- Facebook page of Base FX
- LinkedIn page of Base FX
- A video about life at Base FX
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|