Cecilia Rosa de Jesús Talangpaz
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2014)|
|Cecilia Rosa de Jesús Talangpaz y Pamintuan|
|Servant of God, co-founder, Augustinian Recollect Sisters|
|Born||July 16, 1693
Spanish East Indies
|Died||July 31, 1731
San Sebastian, Manila,
Spanish East Indies
|Venerated in||Roman Catholic Church|
Cecilia Talangpaz is a Kapampangan Filipino Roman Catholic figure. Along with her sister Dionisia Talangpaz, she established the "Beaterio de San Sebastian de Calumpang" (now the "Congregation of the Augustinian Recollect Sisters"), in 1719. The Augustinian Recollect Sisters is the second Filipino congregation of women religious founded in the Philippines, after the Religious of the Virgin Mary established by Venerable Ignacia del Espíritu Santo. Talangpaz's beatification process is underway with protocol number: 2303
Cecilia was born on July 16, 1693, in Calumpit, Bulacan to half-Kapampangan parents. Together with her older sister Dionisia, they settled down near the shrine of the Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Manila. Their devout life attracted the attention of the Recollects who were taking care of the shrine and by July 1725, the sisters received the habit of tertiaries and were gathered in a beaterium.
San Sebastian Convent
The Talangpaz sisters went on to found the "Beaterio de San Sebastian de Calumpang". After years, they headed a congregation called "Augustinian Recollect Sisters".
Cecilia died in 1731, followed by her sister Dionisia in 1732.
This is her Canonization Process, look also to Dionisia de Santa Maria Mitas Talangpaz.
- Nihil Obstat: 10 September 1999
- Opening of Diocesan Inquiry: 24 November 1999
- Closing of Diocesan Inquiry: 22 May 2002
- Decree on Validity of Diocesan Inquiry: 28 November 2003
- Submission of Prositio to CCS:
- Particular Meeting of Theological Consultors:
- Session of Cardinal and Bishop Members of the CCS:
- Postulator: Rev. Samson Silloriquez, OAR
- Petitioner: see Dionisia de Santa Maria Mitas Talangpaz
- Website: www.augustinianrecollect.org.ph
|This Catholicism-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|