The Dadhich Brahmins are a subgroup of Brahmins who claim to be the descendants of Rishi Dadhichi, who is said to have given his bones to Indra for making of the vajra, the mythological weapon created to kill the demon Vritra. A temple of Dadhichi's sister, Dadhimati, is found in the village of Goth Manglod, Nagaur, Rajasthan. They are most ancient among Brahmins of the Marwad region and elsewhere.
- Gautam - patodhya, palod, nawal, kumbhya, kanth, budadhara, khatod, budsuna, bagadiya, vedvant, vanansidara, lelodhya, kakda, gangvani, bhuwal, bhabhda
- Vats - Jopat, ratava, koliwal, baldawa, rolanya, cholsankhya, itodhya, polgala, nosara, namawal, ajmera, kukda, taranwa, avadig, didel, musya, mang Nagvan, Maratha
- Bhardwaj - pedwal, shukl, karesya, asopa, lyali, barmota, indorwal, harsodiya, bhataly, gadiya, solyani, upadhyay, lavania, pathak
- Bhargav - inaniya, jajhodiya, prathanya, kasalya, shilnodhya, kuradya, khebar, bisawa, ladanwa, badagana, kapdodya
- Shandilya - Maharshi, Kaushik
- Saryupari - Tiwari
- Kotchs - didwanya, mandodya, dhavdodya, jatalya, doba, mundel, manajwal, sosi, gothecha, kudal, tetrawal
- Kashyapa - borayada, derolya, namwal, shirgota, rajthala, badawa, balaya, cholakhya
- Shandilya - rinwa, bediya, bahad, dahwal, Gothdiwal
- Atrey - sunthwal, jujnodya, dubanya, sukalya
- Parasar - bheda, parasar
- Kapil - chipada
- Garga - tulachhya
- Mamm - anachar se mlechh (apavitra) ho gaye
Dadhimati mata is kuldevi(clan Goddess) of Dadhich Brahmins whose most ancient temple is situated on didwana road near rol village of Nagaur dist. in Rajasthan.
They are one of six groups of Marwar region Brahmins, of which the other five are: Pareek Brahmins,Sikhwal or Sukhwal Brahmins (also called Shringi Brahmins), Saraswat Brahmins, Gujar Gaud Brahmins, Khandelwal Brahmins.