Eye of GNOME
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Eye of GNOME 3.16
|Developer(s)||The GNOME Project|
|Stable release||3.24.2 (8 May 2017) [±]|
|Preview release||3.25.1 (26 April 2017) [±]|
|Written in||C (GTK+)|
|Operating system||Linux, BSDs, OS X, Microsoft Windows|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Eye of GNOME is the official image viewer for the GNOME desktop environment, where it is also known as Image Viewer. Unlike some other image viewers, Eye of GNOME will only display images. It does, however, provide basic effects for improved viewing, such as zooming, full-screen, rotation, and transparent image background control.
Eye of GNOME supports the following file formats:
- ANI – Animation
- BMP – Windows Bitmap
- Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
- ICO – Windows Icon
- JPEG – Joint Photographic Experts Group
- PCX – PC Paintbrush
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- PNM – Portable Anymap from the PPM Toolkit
- RAS – Sun Raster
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- TGA – Targa
- Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)
- Wireless Application Protocol Bitmap Format (WBMP)
- X BitMap (XBM)
- X PixMap (XPM)
Eye of GNOME also supports the viewing of the Exif/XMP metadata associated with an image.
eog doesn't support webp
- Müllner, Florian (27 April 2017). "GNOME 3.25.1". gnome-announce-list (Mailing list). Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- "GNOME Photos 3.8.0". 2013-04-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eye of GNOME.|
|This GNOME-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This graphics software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|