St Mary's Church Fotherby
Fotherby shown within Lincolnshire
|OS grid reference|
|– London||135 mi (217 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
|UK Parliament||Louth and Horncastle|
Fotherby is a village and civil parish in the East Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated just east from the A16 road, 13 miles (21 km) east from Market Rasen, and 10 miles (16 km) south from Cleethorpes.
In 1885 Kelly's noted six almshouses, built in 1866 for the benefit of six poor people by James Fowler, on the site of an older glebe house. Parish area was 1,400 acres (5.7 km2) with chief agricultural production of wheat, barley, oats, turnips, seeds and beans, and an 1881 population of 1881.
Fotherby Grade II listed Anglican church is dedicated to St Mary. It was entirely rebuilt by James Fowler in 1863, in Early English style with chancel, nave, south porch, and western tower with a broach spire containing three bells originally cast in 1608.
- "Parish population 2011". Retrieved 18 August 2015.
- "Documents Online: Fotherby, Lincolnshire", Folios: 340v, 353r, 354r, 376r, Great Domesday Book; The National Archives. Retrieved 23 December 2011
- Fotherby in the Domesday Book. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- Historic England. "Allenby Almshouses (1168127)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire with the port of Hull 1885, p. 396
- Historic England. "Church of St Mary (1063137)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus; Harris, John; The Buildings of England: Lincolnshire p. 238; Penguin, (1964); revised by Nicholas Antram (1989), Yale University Press. ISBN 0-300-09620-8
- Historic England. "Mawers Farm (1359949)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Historic England. "Sunday School (1119674)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Media related to Fotherby at Wikimedia Commons
- "Fotherby", Genuki.org.uk. Retrieved 5 November 2011
- Fotherby in the Domesday Book