Kenya Technical Trainers' College
|Motto||Home of Technical Education|
As (Kenya Technical Teachers' College)
|Principal||Mr. Jamleck Maina|
|Dean||Mr. Agira Jeremiah|
|Address||P.O.Box 44600 - 00100
UN Avenue,Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Technical Trainers' College is a Government Institution under TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training).
The College is currently located in the Gigiri area of Nairobi along Limuru Road, next to the United Nations Office at Nairobi. There is a controversial proposal by the Government of Kenya to relocate the college to the Kenya Science Campus of University of Nairobi along Ngong road. The reasons advanced for the relocation have varied from offering the 62 acres of land the college sits on to United Nations Office at Nairobi for expansion, to security concerns due to close proximity to the Embassy of the United States, Nairobi.
Teacher Education Programs
- Instructor Training Part I
- Instructor Training part II
- Certificate in Management of TVET institution
- Training of Trainers courses
- Diploma in Technical Teacher Education
- Diploma in Technical Teacher Education(Mixed mode)
- Diploma in Technical Teacher Education with ICT
- Diploma in Instructor Training
- Diploma in Technical Teacher Education (Mechanical Engineering) Pre-service
Higher and Advanced Diploma Courses
- Higher Diploma in Education Management(KNEC)
- Advanced Diploma in Technical Education
Non-Teacher Education Programs
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering (Automotive Engineering)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (TEP)
- Diploma in Building and Construction (TEP)
- Diploma in Building and Construction(Upgrading from Graft to Diploma)
- Diploma in Building Technology (Modular)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (Modular)
The students body is under one umbrella of Students of Kenya Technical Trainers' College Organisation (SKETTCO).
- Wanzala, Ouma (29 September 2016). "Matiang’i directs KTTC relocation from Gigiri site". Business Daily. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Wanambisi, Laban (20 May 2017). "Kinyua to oversee controversial relocation of Kenya Technical Trainers College". Capital FM. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- Murumba, Stellar (22 May 2017). "Matiang’i sets the stage for UN takeover of KTTC land". Business Daily. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
|This article on a Kenyan institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|