|Elevation||66 m (217 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2011 India census,Kamakshyanagar had a population of 16,810. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Kamakshyanagar has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 81%, and female literacy is 65%. In Kamakshyanagar, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Current MLA from Kamakhyanagar Assembly Constituency is Sj. Prafulla Kumar Mallik of BJD, who won the seat in State elections of 2004. Previous MLAs from this seat were: Brahmananda Biswal of BJD in 2000, Kailash Chandra Mohapatra who won in 1995 as INC and as INC(I) candidate in 1980, and Prasanna Kumar Pattanayak who won as JD candidate in 1990 and as BJP candidate in 1985 and as JNP candidate in 1977 .
Famous villages in Kamakhyanagar
- Rekula is famous for ayurvedic bone care clinic. People came here from all over the state to cure bone problem.
- Baligorada is famous for the birth place of Freedom fighter Musa Mallik, Baidhar Swain
- Batagaon is famous for the great Baral family
- "State Elections 2004 - Partywise Comparison for 120-Kamakhyanagar Constituency of Odisha". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies of Odisha" (PDF). Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2005-11-08. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Early Completion of Four Laning of Duburi-Talcher NH Sought". dailypioneer.com. 2014.
- "Speeding up of NH200 work urged". http://www.thestatesman.net/. Retrieved 2014-01-29. External link in
- "ICAI Bhubaneswar Branch Managing Committee". http://www.bhubaneswar-icai.org/. External link in
- "Bhubaneswar Branch of EIRC". http://www.eirc-icai.org/. External link in
- "Raja Narayan Tripathy". http://www.rajatripathy.com/. External link in