Kayla McCall Tausche (//, born July 17, 1986) is an American broadcast journalist. She has reported for CNBC since 2011. She is one of the station's political reporters and is based in Washington, D.C..
Tausche was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She graduated from Greater Atlanta Christian School in 2004. She then attended University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, earning a bachelor's degree in 2008 in business journalism and international politics. She received honors for in-depth research for analyzing the way international newspapers covered the handover of Hong Kong from British to Chinese rule.
While at UNC, Tausche was a member of the cheerleading team. According to her Twitter profile, she is now an avid marathon runner. Tausche sits on the alumni board of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
After graduation, Tausche covered consumer and retail news at Bloomberg L.P., then joined the DealReporter unit of Mergermarket. While at DealReporter, Tausche was a frequent guest on CNBC and CNBC World to discuss mergers and acquisitions.
Tausche joined CNBC in January 2011 as a general assignment reporter covering corporate finance and deals for CNBC's business day programming. She is also a contributor to MSNBC, Today, Weekend Today, and NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams. Tausche has received acclaim for her coverage of various high-profile stories. The Financial Times featured a picture of Tausche with media mogul Rupert Murdoch on its front page while she covered the News Corporation phone hacking scandal.
- Boyle, Katherine (November 26, 2012) The colorful evolution of newswomen’s attire. Washington Post
- Atkinson, Claire (December 24, 2011). Anchors away at CNBC. ‘Brain drain’ at biz network may include Faber. New York Post
- Wachtel, Katya (May 5, 2011). Erin Burnett, Meet Your Replacement. Business Insider
- Squawk on the Street. New York. March 21, 2014. 162 minutes in. CNBC.
- UNC Chapel Hill (2008) "How Now, Hong Kong?"
- La Roche, Julia (July 14, 2012) What CNBC Reporters Used to Look Like.
- Wachtel, Katya (May 5, 2011). Erin Burnett, Meet Your Replacement.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Journalism and Mass Communication (2011). Kayla Tausche, 2008 J-school grad, joins CNBC.
- La Roche, Julia (March 21, 2012). CNBC's Kayla Tausche's Biggest Screw Up At Work Involved Getting Accosted By A Homeless Man. Business Insider
- Staff report (October 2011). Alumni news. Carolina Alumni Review
- Roush, Chris (July 7, 2011). Business journalists tracking down Murdoch make FT's front page
- Primack, Dan (January 26, 2012) Facebook's IPO breadcrumbs. Fortune
- Tong, David (February 1, 2012). 'Fast Money' Recap: Mining Facebook's IPO Filing. TheStreet.com
- Tweet from Robert Costa, Moderator, Washington Week in Review