A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kate Bolduan (2009)
Katherine Jean Bolduan
July 28, 1983 (age 36)
Goshen, Indiana, U.S.
|Education||B.A. in journalism|
|Alma mater||George Washington University|
|Occupation||News anchor, journalist|
House & Garden Magazine Dateline NBC
NBC Nightly News
|Spouse(s)||Michael David Gershenson|
|Website||Kate Bolduan on Twitter|
Katherine Jean Bolduan ( //; Kate Bolduan (help·info); born July 28, 1983) is an American broadcast journalist based in New York City. She is the anchor of At This Hour with Kate Bolduan. Bolduan also anchors State of America with Kate Bolduan on CNN International. She was previously a co-anchor for the CNN program New Day, and The Situation Room. She provided feature stories and breaking news reports as well as custom live reports. Previously, she served as congressional correspondent based in Washington, D.C. as well as a general assignment correspondent for the network.
- 1 Early life and education
- 2 Career
- 2.1 Post college (2005–2007)
- 2.2 CNN (2007–present)
- 2.3 Features
- 2.4 Podcasts
- 2.5 Independent activities
- 3 Personal life
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Early life and education
A native of Goshen, Indiana, she is the third of four daughters born to Dr. Jeffrey Bolduan, and to Nadine Bolduan, a nurse. She was educated at Goshen High School, a public high school in her home city, followed by George Washington University, from which she graduated Phi Beta Kappa in 2005, with a bachelor's degree in journalism. During her time at the university, she walked on to the women's volleyball team and acted with the student theatre organization. During her studies she spent time in Madrid, Spain where she learned to speak Spanish.
Post college (2005–2007)
From 2005 to 2007 Bolduan worked as a general assignment reporter for WTVD-TV in Raleigh, North Carolina. She began her television career as a production assistant for NBC News and MSNBC in Washington D.C.  She has worked at House & Garden magazine, Dateline NBC and NBC Nightly News.
Bolduan began her tenure in 2007 at CNN as a national correspondent for CNN Newsource. She provided breaking news coverage and feature reports for a large number of CNN Newsource affiliates. During her time there, she most notably covered the 2008 United States presidential election and traveled throughout the United States covering other news making headlines including the Minneapolis Bridge collapse, the O.J. Simpson armed robbery case, and the retiring NASA Space Shuttle fleet.
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
Bolduan was previously co-anchor of The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer before moving to New York. Alongside Wolf Blitzer, she provided current events, breaking news, political headlines, and reports within lively discussions during the two-hour program.
New Day is a weekday morning television show on CNN. It premiered on June 17, 2013 and airs from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. ET, originating from CNN's Time Warner Center studios in New York City. New Day replaced Starting Point, formerly anchored by Soledad O'Brien, which had aired since January 2, 2012.
At This Hour with Kate Bolduan
Bolduan joined CNN's new morning show, @This Hour, which premiered on January 26, 2015, alongside John Berman. At This Hour covers various news stories of the day with co-hosts Kate Bolduan and John Berman. At This Hour airs weekdays from 11 a.m. to noon ET, and is broadcast live from CNN's New York Studios in Manhattan. On February 6, 2017, Berman moved to 9 a.m. to co-host CNN Newsroom and Bolduan took over as the sole host of the show as it changed name to At This Hour.
The focus of the show is on daily events with correspondents sending their on-site live reports into the studio. Bolduan then speaks with them about that specific event. At This Hour also presents moderated live interviews and discussions with guests in the studio or via teleconference.
State of America with Kate Bolduan
Bolduan was named anchor of State of America with Kate Bolduan, a CNN International program which covered the 2016 U.S. Presidential campaign for a global audience. Following the election, the program was renamed and pivoted to focusing on U.S. news and affairs. The show airs on Fridays at 23:00 CET from CNN's New York studios in Manhattan.
During the first ten minutes of the show Bolduan discusses the daily news. Following a commercial break a panel, typically consisting of four journalists and analysts from various backgrounds, discusses current affairs.
Kate Bolduan's Roots
|Kate Bolduan (October 10, 2014). "Kate Bolduan's Roots". CNN. Retrieved September 14, 2018.|
|Kate Bolduan (October 20, 2014). "Kate Bolduan's Roots". CNN. Retrieved September 14, 2018.|
In 2014 Bolduan made a feature titled Kate Bolduan's Roots. Bolduan's ancestors arrived in America in 1912. They came from a small town called Chênée in Belgium. Leon Emile Rousselle (Bolduan's great-great-grandfather) arrived in the United States aboard the SS Kroonland. Two months later his pregnant wife Louise Labhaye Rousselle and his two year old daughter travelled to the U.S. aboard the SS Lapland (which returned some survivors – mainly crew members – of the Titanic catastrophe to England). The Rousselles came from a long line of glass manufacturers. In 2014 Bolduan travelled to Liège in Belgium to find out about her family history.
Champions for Change
The Story behind Farm Aid
|Kate Bolduan (June 12, 2017). "The Story behind Farm Aid". CNN. Retrieved September 14, 2018.|
Bolduan grew up in a subdivision near an apple orchard. In 2017 she went on farms in Virginia to film a feature for the CNN series Champions for Change. It was called The story behind Farm Aid in relation to Farm Aid. She interviewed small and environmentally friendly farmers on their perspective of their situation in America.
Every Mother Counts
|Kate Bolduan (June 18, 2018). "Every mother counts". CNN. Retrieved September 14, 2018.|
In 2018 Bolduan produced another feature for the Champions for Change series. She spend time with the Every Mother Counts organisation which helps pregnant women by giving them information and other support. The organisation is international, working in Asia, Africa, North- and South America.
Offering shelter from a violent world
|Kate Bolduan (May 18, 2019). "Offering shelter from a violent world". CNN. Retrieved May 14, 2019.|
2019 Bolduan visited the non-profit Organisation KOB (Kids Off the Block) in Chicago, founded by Diane Latiker. Bolduan spoke with her for the first time ten years ago. KOB exists since 15 years and supports children and teenager by offering them a place and education in informatics. KOB is located in Roseland, one of Chicago's most underfunded districts.
Beside her show State of America on CNN International, she and John Avlon as well as Harry Enten also produce the audio only podcast The Forecast Fest. It is about the presidential election of 2020 in the US.
Occasionally Bolduan works as a freelance presenter and speaker.
On the occasion of the 10th annual summit, in April 2019 at the live journalism event Women in the World she had a conversation with the designer Diane von Fürstenberg. Topic was the importance of basic decisions and character for modern women.
2019 she took part in the Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month event.
On August 13th 2019 she moderated a conversation round in the Woodrow Wilson Center called Decoding the Disinformation Problem the guests and Bolduan herself discussed on actual problems of mass media like TV and Internet with fake news and intentional missinformation campaigns by individuals and organisations up to states for mainly political purpose.
In May 2010, Bolduan married Michael Gershenson, who works for The Carlyle Group and is the son of real estate developer Bruce Alan Gershenson. They moved from the Washington D.C. area to New York in early 2013 after Bolduan accepted the anchor position at CNN's morning lineup. The couple's first daughter was born in September 2014. Their second daughter was born in December 2017.
- "Atlantic 10 Announces Commissioner's Honor Roll For 2001–02". George Washington University Athletics.
- "046RDB020410_MT Masterindd". Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "50 Most Beautiful People for 2011". TheHill.com.
- CNN: "At This Hour with Kate Bolduan" retrieved February 8, 2017
- "Anchors & Reporters". CNN.
- "GHS grad works as CNN correspondent". The Goshen News. Archived from the original on January 25, 2013.
- "Mom of CNN host Kate Bolduan to be sentenced for DUI accident". New York Daily News. March 30, 2013.
- "Meet the Team, Kate Bolduan". ABC News.
- "Volleyball Aims High in 2002". George Washington University Official Athletic Site.
- "Generic Theatre Company".
- "10 Things You Didn't Know About Kate Bolduan". www.cnn.com. May 15, 2014. Retrieved July 25, 2018.
- "Bolduan in title hunt". The Elkhart Truth.
- Lisa de Moraes (January 31, 2017). "New CNN Morning Lineup: Kate Bolduan Hosts Solo, John Berman Teams With Poppy Harlow Replacing Carol Costello". www.deadline.com. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- "At this hour with Kate Bolduan Episodes in the Internet Archive". www.archive.org. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- "At this hour with Kate Bolduan on CNN". www.cnn.com. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- Allan (July 21, 2018). "Kate Bolduan's State of America to go weekly". cnncommentary.com. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- CNN (August 13, 2018). "CNN International Announces New EMEA Prime Time Line-Up". cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- Kate Bolduan. "Official podcast of State of America with Kate Bolduan". www.cnn.com. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- Kate Bolduan (October 14, 2014). "Image series of Kate Bolduan's search for the 'Roots' of her family in Europe". www.cnn.com. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Kate Bolduan (October 14, 2014). "Video Feature named 'Kate Bolduan's Roots'". www.cnn.com. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Kate Bolduan (June 12, 2017). "The story behind Farm Aid". Kate Bolduan for CNN. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Kate Bolduan (June 18, 2018). ""Every Mother Counts" Organisation". www.everymothercounts.org. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Kate Bolduan (June 18, 2018). "Mothers and babies should have a fighting chance". www.cnn.com. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- "Every Mother Counts – Our Work". www.everymothercounts.org. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Kate Bolduan (May 18, 2018). "Offering shelter from a violent world". www.cnn.com (in Englisch). Retrieved May 14, 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Kids Off The Block - About". www.kidsofftheblock.us (in Englisch). Retrieved May 14, 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Kate Bolduan, Harry Enten, John Avalon. "The Forecast Fest on stitcher". CNN.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Free Arts NYC". Retrieved May 13, 2018.
- Kate Bolduan (June 18, 2018). "Mothers and babies should have a fighting chance". www.cnn.com (in Englisch). Retrieved June 18, 2018.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Kate Bolduan (June 18, 2018). ""Every Mother Counts" Organisation". www.everymothercounts.org (in Englisch). Retrieved June 18, 2018.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- FTF. "FTF - About". www.fashiontechforum.com (in Englisch). Retrieved April 30, 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- FTF. "FTF - Profil von Kate Bolduan". www.fashiontechforum.com (in Englisch). Retrieved April 30, 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Megan DiTrolio (October 19, 2018). "Theresia Gouw and Sukhinder Singh Cassidy Discuss Their Friendship at Marie Claire's Power Trip Conference". www.marieclaire.com (in Englisch). Retrieved May 26, 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Women in the World. "Playlist on the WITW channel on Youtube". www.womenintheworld.com (in Englisch). Retrieved May 26, 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Kate Bolduan on twitter" (in Englisch). Retrieved June 13, 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Kate Bolduan Decoding the Disinformation Problem - recorded event" (in Englisch). Retrieved June 13, 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Frost Snow news: "CNN anchor Kate Bolduan and her husband Michael David Gershenson happily married for six years" retrieved February 3, 2017
- Young Jewish Professionals: "Michael D. Gershenson" January 27, 2017
- "Dana Bash on Twitter". Twitter.
- "Park Avenue Synagogue Bulletin" (PDF). Park Avenue Synagogue. November 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kate Bolduan.|
- Audio podcast by Ellie Knaus for Atomic Moms.
- An article in the Cosmopolitan magazine in which Bolduan and other CNN anchors are talking about their experiences and thoughts during their time as pregnant working mothers.
- A video of a speech in front of the congress of the American College of Trial Lawyers which took place in 2017 at Montréal, Québec, Canada: The President and the Press.
- Official audio Podcast of State Of America with Kate Bolduan at the CNN site
- Complete episodes of At This Hour With Berman and Bolduan with searchable subtitles in the Internet Archive.
- Complete episodes of At This Hour With Kate Bolduan with searchable subtitles in the Internet Archive.
- Official biography on cnn.com.
- Kate Bolduan on IMDb
- Bolduan was in Afghanistan following Senator Lindsey Graham on a troop visit in December 2018.
- In 2019 she interviewed the Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, Pete Buttigieg on his possible candidacy to become president in 2020.
- In November 2018 she was guest in Seth Meyers Late Night Show. Among other topics she spoke about the importance to stand for a free press. Short video clip from that interview.
- Since April 2019 Kate Bolduan, John Avlon and Harry Enten produce a podcast called The Forecast Fest.
- A recorded Video of a three hour discussion on trustworthiness of information services.