|Member of the European Parliament|
14 July 2009 – 2019
|Born||11 September 1962|
|Political party|| German|
Social Democratic Party
Party of European Socialists
Kerstin Westphal (born 11 September 1962) is a German politician who served as a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) from 2009 until 2019. She is a member of the Social Democratic Party, part of the Party of European Socialists.
Before entering politics Westphal was employed as a child care worker and nursery school teacher.
From 1996 until 2008 Westphal served as a municipal councillor in Schweinfurt.
Westphal first became a Member of the European Parliament in the 2009 European elections. She served as member of the Committee on Regional Development and the Parliament's delegation for relations with Switzerland and Norway and to the EU-Iceland Joint Parliamentary Committee and the European Economic Area (EEA) Joint Parliamentary Committee. She was also a member of the delegation for relations with the United States from 2010 until 2014.
In addition to her committee assignments, Westphal served as a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Western Sahara and the European Parliament Intergroup on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime).
- German United Services Trade Union (ver.di), Member
- "Home | MEPs | European Parliament". www.europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on Western Sahara.
- Members of the European Parliament on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime) European Parliament.
- Barbara Markus (June 21, 2019), Würzburg: SPD schickt Kerstin Westphal ins Rennen um OB-Sessel Bayerischer Rundfunk.