Kertajati International Airport
|Kertajati International Airport|
Bandar Udara Internasional Jawa Barat
Terminal of Kertajati International Airport
|Owner||Provincial Government of West Java, Indonesia via PT Bandarudara Internasional Jawa Barat|
|Operator||PT Angkasa Pura II|
|Serves||Bandung, Cirebon and West Java province excluding Greater Jakarta area|
|Opened||24 May 2018|
Kertajati International Airport, also known as Majalengka Airport or Bandar Udara Internasional Jawa Barat (BIJB), is an airport at northeastern part of West Java, Indonesia. Now the second largest airport by area in Indonesia after Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, which is located in Majalengka Regency, around 68 kilometers east of Bandung. It is constructed to serve as 2nd international airport of Bandung metropolitan area and also serve Cirebon, parts of West Java and Central Java province.
The airport is inaugurated its operation on 24 May, 2018, as President aircraft Indonesia-1 for the first time landed at the airport. It is a single 2,500 meters runway airport and will be extended to 3,000 meters in November 2018. The new airport functions as a buffer to help ease air traffic at Soekarno–Hatta International Airport in Jakarta. Upon completion, the Airport will have the total capacity of up to 29 million passengers annually, with plenty of space for expansion. The airport will also operate cargo terminals with the official estimate at 1.5 million tons of cargo by 2020.
In order to ensure completion of Kertajati Airport, construction of Karawang Airport has been put on hold and Kertajati has been put on faster track for completion. The 1,800 hectares airport is estimated to cost Rp.25,4 trillion. The plan includes three runways (3750 m x 60 m, 4025 m x 60 m, and 3000 m x 60 m) to accommodate jumbo jets such as Airbus A380, Antonov An-225 Mriya and world's longest jets to include Boeing 747-8 and Airbus A350-1000 XWB. The airport will also be equipped with technology to handle latest aircraft such as Boeing 787-10 The project will include a 3,400 hectares Aerotropolis, known as Kertajati Aerocity. Twice the size of the airport, this Aerotropolis will be a new center of economic growth. It is located north of the Cipali Toll Road, east of Cimanuk river.
Project implementation consists of five phases: preparation phase (2015), phase I (2015-2020), phase I-II (2016-2025) and purpose phase II and IV after 2025. During Phase I, the project focused on airport development. Phases I-II will be Kertajati Aerocity development, phase III will be the growth of Kertajati as aerotropolis, and as the final phase, Kertajati Aerocity will act as an enabler of sustainable economic center. Based on strategic development plan, aside from regular large passenger jet & cargo flights, the airport facilities have been optimized for Low Cost Carriers (LCC) and Hajj flights to Saudi Arabia.This will eventually shift passengers and traffic from Bandung & West Java which have been heavily congesting CGK, to Kertajati.
Initially, the terminal will have 121,000 square metres (1,302,433 sq ft) area with 2 concourses of domestic & international gates, 11 million passengers a year. Furthermore, as construction proceeds, the terminal will expand to 209,151 square metres (2,251,283 sq ft) area with a passenger capacity of 29.3 million passengers per year by 2020, with plenty of space for phase II expansion.Citilink is the first airline to get permission with Kertajati-Juanda route will start on June 8, by an Airbus A320 aircraft.
Airlines and destinations
|Lion Air||Seasonal: Medina[Note 1]|
|TransNusa||Bandar Lampung, Semarang|
Cisumdawu Toll Road will give access to the new airport and it is now under construction (2011-2019). In the meantime, the airport is also accessible by Cipali Toll Road. Albeit accessible by two toll roads, public opinion has cited poor planning due to lack of mass transportation as a singular system, as opposed to the currently unconnected sub-systems. In order to address such public concern, the Government of Indonesia has mitigated this issue by integrating the ongoing airport infrastructure railway projects in Jakarta.
Although still pushing for high speed rail project that will extend from Bandung to the airport, PT Bandara Internasional Jawa Barat (BIJB) and Railink have signed an MOU to build rail tracks and airport train system, when necessary.
There are Damri bus to Bandung at 16:50 Rp 75,000 and to Cirebon at 16:50 Rp 40,000.
- "West Java Regional Regulation number 22 of 2013 concerning The Establishment of Regional Owned Enterprise for West Java International Airport and Kertajati Aerocity Manager" (PDF). West Java Legal Data and Information Networks (In Indonesian). Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Inaugural Operation of Kertajati Airport Scheduled for May 24 This Year". 22 May 2018. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-05-05. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- Lilis Sri Handayani, Puti Almas (May 24, 2018). "Historical landing marks operation of Kertajati Airport".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-19. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "Majalengka`s Kertajati Airport to become operational in 2017". January 14, 2016.
- "Jokowi Pastikan Bandara Kertajati Beroperasi Pertengahan 2018". Kompas. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Master Plan". Retrieved October 30, 2016.
- "Early December, Kertajati Airport Development Reaches 76 Percent". December 20, 2017.
- "Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-15. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "Kertajati Airport Set for Eid Exodus". Tempo. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Citilink to Serve Flight from Surabaya to Kertajati Airport". Tempo. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- Rute baru Kertajati
- "BIJB-Railink Sign Transportation MoU for Kertajati Airport".
- "Expansion of high-speed rail project under consideration: Luhut". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "Jadwal Bus Damri ke Bandara Kertajati dari Bandung dan Cirebon". Retrieved November 3, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kertajati International Airport.|