Location of Kladanj within Bosnia and Herzegovina.
|Country||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Entity||Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|• Municipality president||Jusuf Čavkunović (SDA)|
|• Total||325 km2 (125 sq mi)|
|Elevation||570 m (1,870 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code(s)||+387 35|
Kladanj is a town and municipality located in Tuzla Canton of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, an entity of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Kladanj is located on road from Tuzla to Sarajevo along the river Drinjača, at the base of Konjuh mountain.
The first mention of the town of Kladanj dates back to 1138.
The first record of Kladanj in Turkish sources is from 1469, referring to the market place Cetvrtkoviste where on Thursdays big fairs were held. In the period of Ottoman rule, Kladanj was mentioned in 1557, as a settlement (kasaba) within the Sarajevo kadiluk (territorial unit) that would further on become a kadiluk itself with Olovo as its part.
• Brateljevići • Brdijelji • Brgule • Brlošci • Buševo • Crijevčići • Dole • Gojakovići • Gojsalići • Goletići • Jelačići • Jošje • Kladanj • Konjevići • Kovačići • Krivajevići • Lupoglavo • Majdan • Mala Kula • Matijevići • Mladovo • Noćajevići • Novo Naselje - Stupari • Obrćevac • Olovci • Pauč • Pelemiši • Pepići • Plahovići • Prijanovići • Prijevor • Ravne • Rujići • Starić • Stupari - Centar • Stupari - Selo • Suljići • Tarevo • Tuholj • Velika Kula • Vranovići • Vučinići • Zagrađe
- Bosniaks - 9,300 (66.35%)
- Serbs - 4,487 (32.01%)
- Croats - 66 (0.47%)
- Yugoslavs - 63 (0.44%)
- others - 99 (0.73%)
- Bosniaks - 11,621
Demographic 2013 Census
The land area of the municipality is approximately 325 km2 (125 sq mi). The town is 570 meters above sea level.
The lumber industry called "Sokolina" is one of the most vital economic contributors to the municipality.
- Sulejman Kupusović, film director
- Mirko Pejanović, member of the Presidency of the R BiH, as well as professor and dean of the Faculty of Political Sciences in Sarajevo
- Akif Šeremet, founder and secretary of the LCY
- Avdaga Hasić, leader of the local militia "Avdaga's legion"
- Senahid Halilović, professor of dialectology and author of "The Orthography of the Bosnian language"
- Vahid Kljajić, professor emeritus and dean of the Faculty of Political Sciences in Sarajevo
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2009-03-30. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Link text, additional text.
- Graovac, Dušan: "Crveni profesor Akif Šeremet", Samobor, 1982
- jugosfera (29 August 2013). "Kladanj - muška voda". Retrieved 20 April 2018 – via YouTube.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kladanj.|