||It has been suggested that Laksam Railway Junction be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since May 2015.|
|• Total||135.61 km2 (52.36 sq mi)|
|• Total||294,719 |
|• Density||1,195/km2 (3,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Official Map of Laksam|
Laksam Upazila with an area of 135.61 km, is bounded by Comilla Sadar and Barura upazilas on the north, chatkhil, begumganj and senbagh upazilas on the south, nangalkot and chauddagram upazilas on the east, Barura and shahrasti upazilas on the west. Main rivers are Dakatia and Little Feni.
Laksam Railway Junction, on the Akhaura-Laksam-Chittagong Line, Laksam-Noakhali Line and Laksam-Chandpur Line is one of the two biggest junctions of Bangladesh. From here People go to Chandpur District, Noakhali District.
LaksamBarta - Second most locally published weekly newspaper in Bangladesh. Another popular Weekly news paper in laksam "ShomoyerDorpon"
- Nawab bari - presently know as Fayjunnesa House.
- Nobisur Mosque, Dishabondh
- Karim haydar shrine, Gajimura
- Zamindar bari of Atul Krisna Roy Chowdhury, Presently known as Moishan Bari
- Veluwa sundori Bari
- Gumboj Mosjid (Dome Mosque)
- Mohmotto House
- Kaji Mosque, Poschimgao
- Shonkur Dighi, Shonkur Par, Bakoi
- Nawab Faizunnesa Chowdhurani
- Nawab Bodrunnesa Chowdhurani
- Atul Krisna Roy Chowdhury
- Pir Molla Kajim Uddin
- Jotipal Mohathero
Website of Laksam Upazila: