List of surviving Consolidated PBY Catalinas
PBY Catalina Survivors identifies Catalinas on display, and includes aircraft designations, status, serial numbers, locations and additional information. The Consolidated PBY Catalina was a twin-engined American flying boat of the 1930s and 1940s, designed by Consolidated Aircraft Co. Several variants were built at five US and Canadian manufacturing plants.
These complete examples of Catalina have been preserved or restored to various levels including markings, nose art, original or representative paint schemes, and are on display at museums or at military bases, or are active aircraft potentially viewable at air events.
By default, 5-digit numeric serials known as Bureau Numbers (BuNo) are as issued by the US Navy Bureau of Aeronautics (BuAer), presented here without the imaginary "BuNo" prefix. 4-digit serials in the form 9xxx, and 5-digit serials in the form 1xxxx are as issued to Royal Canadian Air Force aircraft.
- D = Display
- A = Airworthy
- S = Stored
- R = Under restoration
- Ogden,Bob (2007). Aviation Museums and Collections of North America. UK: Air-Britain. ISBN 0-85130-385-4.
- Legg,David (2002). Consolidated PBY Catalina: The Peacetime Record. UK: Airlife Publishing Ltd. ISBN 1-84037-276-1.
- "Welcome - National Naval Aviation Museum". National Naval Aviation Museum.
- "Tillamook Air Museum". Tillamook Air Museum.
- National Museum of USAF
- "Aircraft - Catalina". Aviation Heritage Museum of WA. Western Australia: RAAF Association of WA. Retrieved 2015-02-28.
- CASA Australian Civil Aircraft Register
- The Catalina Flying Memorial Ltd
- Rathmines Catalina Memorial Park Association
- "Home - Palm Springs Air Museum". Palm Springs Air Museum.
- "Cosford - RAF Museum". rafmuseum.org.uk.
- Danmarks Tekniske Museum
- "American Airpower Museum". American Airpower Museum.
- "Museo Nacional Aeronáutico y del Espacio". museoaeronautico.cl.
- Yanks Air Museum
- "Home". lsfm.org.
- "MUSEU AEROESPACIAL". aer.mil.br.
- Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Quick Search Result for PBY
- World Catalina News
- "Canada Aviation and Space Museum". technomuses.ca.
- "Aerial Visuals Airplane Dossier".
- "SAVE THE CANSO webpage". savethecanso.com. Retrieved: 12 April 2016.
- The Canso project. cbc.ca. Retrieved: 13 August 2010.
- PBY Catalina International Association
- Andrade, John. "US Military Aircraft Designations and Serials since 1909. Leicestershire UK: Midland Counties Publications. 1979. ISBN 0-904597-22-9.
- Legg, David. "Consolidated PBY Catalina: The Peacetime Record". Annapolis, MD: US Naval Institute Press, 2002. ISBN 1-55750-245-5.
- Ogden, Bob. "Aviation Museums and Collections of North America". UK. Air-Britain. 2007. ISBN 0-85130-385-4