London Buses route 343
|Night-time||Night bus N343|
|Start||New Cross Gate|
Elephant & Castle
In June 2010, the route was revealed to be amongst the ten worst performing in London. Two additional morning peak journeys were introduced on 12 June 2010 with the intention of solving the problems; performance improved as a result, although the route continued to receive complaints.
At 08:22 on 17 March 2012, a route 343 caught fire on Pepys Road, New Cross. The fire was put out by 09:20 and there were no injuries.
- New Cross Gate Jerningham Road
- Peckham Rye station
- Elephant & Castle station
- Borough station
- London Bridge station
- St Thomas Street for Guy's Hospital
- City Hall Queen Elizabeth Street
- Bus tender results Route 343/N343 Transport for London 9 March 2005
- Aldridge, John (May 2005). "Another change as NatEx gains the 188". Buses. Ian Allan Publishing (602): 20.
- National Express Group plc agreement to sell Travel London National Express Group 21 May 2009
- NedRailways acquisition reinforces long term commitment to UK transport market NedRailways 9 June 2009
- Bus tender results Route 343/N343 Transport for London 2 June 2010
- 262 London's worst performing bus route - top 10 revealed London Daily News 11 June 2010
- Val Shawcross: TfL insist 343 improving as passengers still left waiting
- C10 retains its place in league table of most complained about bus routes in London London-se1 26 November 2010
- Passengers escape double decker bus fire BBC News 17 March 2012
- Media related to London Buses route 343 at Wikimedia Commons