Makarov (Hasidic dynasty)
Makarov is a Hasidic dynasty founded by the Rebbe Menachem Nochum Twerski of the Chernobyl dynasty. Makarov is the Yiddish name of Makariv, a town in present-day Ukraine. To this day, the Mekarev Shul is used in the old City of Safed for Shabbat Prayers by the Yeshiva Shalom RAv.
- Rebbe Menachem Nochum Twerski of Makarov (1805–1851), son of the Rebbe Mordechai Twerski of Chernobyl
- Rebbe Yaakov Yitzchok of Makarov (died 1892), son of the Rebbe Nochum.
- Encyclopedia of Jewish Life (2001), p. 786: "Makarov"Rebbe
- Shtetl Finder (1980), p. 53: "Makarov"
- Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego (1880-1902), VII, pp. 922-926: "Makarów" (Polish)
|This Hasidic Judaism article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ukrainian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|