|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Asansol|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Pandaveswar|
Mandarbani is located at.
The Asansol-Durgapur region is composed of undulating latterite soil. This area lies between two mighty rivers – the Damodar and the Ajay. They flow almost parallel to each other in the region – the average distance between the two rivers is around 30 km. For ages the area was heavily forested and infested with plunderers and marauders. The discovery of coal led to industrialisation of the area and most of the forests have been cleared.
As per the 2011 Census of India Mandarbani had a total population of 4,592, of which 2,441 (53%) were males and 2,151 (47%) were females. Population below 6 years was 592. The total number of literates in Mandabani was 2,914 (72.85% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Mandarbani had a population of 5,497. Males constitute 57% of the population and females 43%. Mandarbani has an average literacy rate of 60%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 70%, and female literacy is 45%. In Mandarbani, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Collieries in the Pandaveswar Area of Eastern Coalfields are: Madaipur, Mandarbani, Nutandanga, Pandaveswar, Dalurbandh, Kendra, Samla, South Samla, Khottadih, Kankartala, Dalurbandh OCP, Palasthali OCP and Gangaramchak OCP.
Mandarbani has three primary and one secondary schools.
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, Bardhaman Jelar Itihas O Lok Sanskriti (History and Folk lore of Bardhaman District.), (in Bengali), Vol I, pp 14-15, Radical Impression. ISBN 81-85459-36-3
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, p 666
- "Coalmining impact on the Environment" (PDF). Chapter V: Table 5.2. shodganga.infibnet. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- 7th All-India School Education Survey 2003
- "Eastern Coalfields Limited’s Hospitals" (PDF). ECL. Retrieved 23 April 2017.