From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Memnon may refer to:
- Memnon (mythology) a king who led an army that fought on the side of the Trojans in the Trojan War.
- Saint Memnon the Wonderworker — early Christian saint from Egypt, hermit and hegumen of one of Egyptian monasteries
- The Colossi of Memnon, two statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep III near modern-day Luxor
- The Younger Memnon, one of two colossal statues of Ramesses II from the Ramesseum at Thebes, Egypt
- Memnon of Heraclea Heraclea Pontica, Greek historian; c. 1st century he wrote a history about his city in Asia Minor on the Black Sea
- Memnon (ward of Herodes Atticus) at Athens in the 2nd century
- Memnon of Rhodes (380–333 BC), commander of the Greek mercenaries working for the Persian King Darius III
- Memnon (horse), a British Thoroughbred racehorse
- Memnon (novel) by Scott Oden, based on Memnon of Rhodes
- Memnon, the main villain in the film The Scorpion King
- 2895 Memnon, an asteroid
- Memnon (clipper), the first clipper ship to reach San Francisco during the Gold Rush
- Memnon, 1858 clipper-built ship
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Memnon.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.