Murături are the pickled vegetables of the Romanian and Moldovan cuisine. Murături are an assortment of vegetables or fruits that are pickled using brine, or vinegar. Examples of foodstuffs they are made out of are beetroot, cucumber, green tomatoes (gogonele), carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, melons, mushrooms, turnips, celery, and cauliflower.
- Torshi – The pickled vegetables of the cuisines of many Balkan and Middle East countries
- Tsukemono – Japanese preserved vegetables
- Pickled cucumber – Cucumber pickled in brine, vinegar, or other solution
Notes and references
- "Murături". dexonline.ro (in Romanian).
- Pickled Vegetables
- Assorted Pickles (Muraturi Asortate), Roxy's Kitchen, November 27, 2011
- Pregateste 7 retete de muraturi cu legume si fructe de vara (in Romanian)