|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
The town is situated on the tarmacked, all-weather Kampala - Masaka Highway. Nsangi is located approximately 20 kilometres (12 mi), by road, west of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are:0°17'03.0"N 32°27'18.0"E (Latitude:0.284167; Longitude:32.455000).
The exact population of Nsangi is not known as at February 2015.
The following points of interest are found within the own limits or near the town boundaries:
- The administrative headquarters of Nsangi sub-county, an administrative unit of Wakiso District Administration
- The offices of Nsangi Town Council
- Nsangi Central Market
- Chrysanthemums Uganda Limited - A horticultural farm belonging to the Madhvani Group
- The Kampala-Masaka Highway - The highway passes through town in a northeast to southwest direction.
In the environs of town and in the surrounding Nsangi sub-county and in neighboring Ssisa sub-county, many households have engaged in the growing of Khat, also known as Miraa, but is locally referred to as Mairungi or Mayirungi. The product is sold in Kampala to members of the Somali community in Kisenyi, a section of he city. Truck drivers from neighboring Kenya also buy it for personal use and for re-sale in Kenya, where its use is more prevalent. Local growers have built houses, schools and bought personal property from the sale of this product. (Luganda)
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Nsangi With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Google (4 July 2015). "Location of Nsangi At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- Musoke, Herbert (7 November 2013). "Mairungi Has Become A Major Cash Crop In Nsangi". Bukedde.co.ug. Retrieved 9 February 2015.