|• Mayor||Neşet Çağlayan (Ak Parti)|
|• Kaymakam||Ertan Peynircioğlu|
|• District||602.71 km2 (232.71 sq mi)|
|• District density||120/km2 (320/sq mi)|
- Olive production is a major part of the economy.
- The archeological digs of Ilipinar Hoyuk are in the region of Orhangazi, and can be visited.
In 2000, Orhangazi had a population of 44,000. Orhangazi has a number of villages around it, there is a local bus garage to take visitors to them. One of the villages, Keramet, has a natural hot springs. Main roads leading to the villages have olive fields on both sides.
The route of the 130k İznik Ultramarathon, established in 2012, passes through villages in Orhangazi district around Lake İznik. A 80k part of it, the Orhangazi Ultra, ends in Örnekköy in Orhangazi district on the route's westernmost point.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Orhangazi Ultra Maratonu 80K" (in Turkish). İznik Ultra. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
|This article about a Marmara Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|