Quddus (TV personality)
||This article has an unclear citation style. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (August 2012) (|
|Born||Benjamin Quddus Philippe
July 10, 1980
|Occupation||VJ, TV personality/Host|
Benjamin Quddus Philippe (born July 10, 1980 in Toronto, Ontario), known professionally as Quddus, is a Canadian television personality and actor, best known as the host of MTV's Total Request Live and ABC's singing competition show Duets.
Total Request Live
From 2001 to 2006, Quddus hosted Total Request Live, at the time MTV's biggest show. Quddus conducted daily interviews with stars such as Will Smith, Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Jake Gyllenhaal, Alicia Keys, Ben Affleck and Denzel Washington, and his work on Total Request Live led to both Usher and Britney Spears requesting him to host their Showtime concert specials.
Since leaving MTV, Quddus has hosted TV One Access and Nickelodeon's Dance on Sunset. He was also a correspondent for Access Hollywood and has appeared on CSI: Miami, the CW's Half & Half, Girlfriends, as well as the indie film Life is Hot in Cracktown.
Quddus served as an A&R consultant for MySpace Records, where he discovered and signed R&B singer Mateo. He has directed music videos for Mateo and Erin Christine. He also hosted The MySpace Music Feed, AOL and the Jonas Brothers' joint venture, Cambio Connect, and created his own website and video series, TheQside.com.
Quddus lends his time to the non-profit organization Generosity Water, volunteers at "A Place Called Home" in South Los Angeles, and went to Haiti on an aid mission.
- "Quddus Philippe". Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Quddus talks ‘Duets,’ says ‘Frank Ocean is a hero’ | theGrio
- Quddus Talks Competition on 'Duets' - Los Angeles Local News, Weather, and Traffic
- 'Duets' Not Just Another 'Pompous' Singing Show, Quddus Says - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com
- 'Duets' Host Quddus Calls Out Former 'X Factor' Host Steve Jones
- Loud turns up volume on unscripted | Variety
- Quddus Talks ABC's 'Duets' and His Competition | Vibe