Jersey Shore (TV series)
|Developed by||SallyAnn Salsano|
Deena Nicole Cortese
|Opening theme||"Get Crazy" by LMFAO|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||71 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||SallyAnn Salsano
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||495 Productions|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||December 3, 2009– December 20, 2012|
|Related shows||Geordie Shore
The Pauly D Project
Snooki & JWoww
The Show with Vinny
Jersey Shore is an American reality television series which ran on MTV from December 3, 2009 to December 20, 2012 in the United States. The series follows the lives of eight housemates spending their summer at the Jersey Shore in the U.S. state of New Jersey. Season 2 followed the cast escaping the cold northeast winter to Miami Beach, Florida, with Season 3 returning to the Jersey Shore. The fourth season, filmed in Italy, premiered on August 4, 2011. The show returned for a fifth season, at Seaside Heights, New Jersey on January 5, 2012. The fifth season finale aired on March 15, 2012. On March 19, 2012, MTV confirmed that the series would return for their sixth season. On August 30, 2012, MTV announced that the Jersey Shore would end after the sixth season, which premiered on October 4. The series finale aired on December 20, 2012.
The show debuted amid large amounts of controversy regarding the use of the words "Guido/Guidette", portrayals of Italian-American stereotypes, and scrutiny from locals because the cast members were not residents of the area.
The series garnered record ratings for MTV, making it the network's most viewed series telecast ever. The series' cast have also been credited with introducing unique lexicon and phrases into American popular culture.
The University of Chicago and the University of Oklahoma are among the educational institutions that have had classes or conferences about the show. In 2010, the cast of Jersey Shore were named on Barbara Walters' 10 Most Fascinating People list, and the series has since been exported to dozens of countries worldwide.
There are several remakes of the show in other countries, with two set in the United Kingdom; the well-known Geordie Shore, set in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, and The Valleys, which is filmed and set in Cardiff, Wales. Another remake of the show is Gandía Shore, set in Gandía, Spain. Acapulco Shore was announced in January 2014, with the premiere to take place in September 2014.
- 1 Production history
- 2 Episodes
- 3 Cast
- 4 Jersey Shore house
- 5 Media and merchandise
- 6 Controversy and criticism
- 7 Ratings
- 8 Cast spin-offs
- 9 Remakes
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
VH1 producer Anthony Beltempo proposed the idea of a show focusing on the "guido" lifestyle for TV, in the form of a competition series. Executive producer SallyAnn Salsano, who previously worked on A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, devised a new concept, inspired by her summers in a Jersey summer share house, and retained casting director Doron Ofir to find the cast. MTV Networks President Van Toffler felt that the series "loud, young, bold" style was better suited to MTV's sensibilities than VH1, and MTV programming executive Tony DiSanto felt that "[After The Hills], it was time to go for a more authentic approach, like a documentary." Van Toffler described the casting process by saying they looked for "candor, honesty, boldness and a very combustible, chaotic mess. You could honestly say none of these people were traditionally beautiful."
The series follows the lives of eight housemates spending their summer in a summer share in Seaside Heights, New Jersey, known as The Jersey Shore House. Season 1 followed cast members Angelina Pivarnick, Jennifer Farley, Michael Sorrentino, Nicole Polizzi, Paul DelVecchio, Ronald Ortiz-Magro, Samantha Giancola, and Vincenzo Guadagnino at the Jersey Shore. Jersey Shore premiered on December 3, 2009, with back-to-back episodes, averaging 1.375 million viewers. Although the initial ratings were considered unimpressive to Salsano, they slowly grew in popularity, and was the subject of parody on Saturday Night Live after the third week, a turnaround that MTV executive Tony DiSanto calls "the fastest 0 to 60 I've ever seen on a show". Season 1 posted strong growth every week and ranked #1 in its time period versus all cable competition among P12–34 (people 12 to 34 years old) during the first quarter of 2010, with a season high 2.6 rating for the finale. The season 1 finale audience, 4.8 million, was more than triple that of the premiere, an increase of more than 3.4 million, and was MTV’s highest rated original series telecast in almost two years. Overall, the season 1 averaged 2.7 million viewers.
In an article in Rolling Stone, it was mentioned that the house had 35 remote-controlled cameras in fixed locations, 12 hand-held ones, one IMX camera and six DV cameras. Nicole Polizzi said that:
They have cameras everywhere, all the time... You're always being watched. You kind of get a little paranoid, because you're like, 'Who's watching me?'... It's trippy. it messes with your head. But that's why we go crazy. That's why we fight with each other. That's why we drink. We're living in a house for two months with that shit. We can't have cellphones, TV, radio or internet... There's no normalcy. It's like a prison, with cameras. The only time we're not on camera is when we're in the shower, and that's why we all take three-hour showers, just to get away from it all.
After Season 1, the cast negotiated pay raises, though both they and DiSanto explained that it was not contentious, and was given undue weight by the press. Rather than wait until the next New Jersey summer for Season 2, the production moved to Miami.
In January 2010, MTV announced that a second season consisting of 12 episodes had been ordered and would air that summer. It would follow all of the first season cast as they avoided the cold northeast winter by relocating to the South Beach, Florida. In May 2010 the cast relocated back to the Jersey Shore for the rest of filming, but it was later determined that the production company had enough footage from the Miami shoot to fill the entire second season, and that the footage to be shot at the Jersey Shore would be used for a third season. The second season premiered on July 29, 2010, averaging 5.252 million viewers. Season 2 was the #1 television series in the P12-34 demographic for the summer of 2010 across all TV and has also posted continued growth every week.
On July 20, 2010, MTV announced that the cast would return for a third season, with the exception of Pivarnick. Season 3 returned to the original Jersey Shore summer setting, and replaced Angelina with Deena Nicole Cortese, a longtime friend of Polizzi. The season's January 6, 2011 premiere was viewed by a record 8.45 million viewers, making it MTV's most viewed series telecast ever. The second episode of the season once again set a series and MTV high at the time, with 8.56 million viewers, only to set another record with the airing of the fourth episode, which garnered 8.87 million viewers.
On January 25, 2011, it was confirmed that the show had been renewed for a fourth season, to be filmed in Italy during the first half of 2011. The fourth season premiered August 4, 2011. MTV confirmed in June 2011 that the fifth season would return to Seaside Heights.
Believed complications caused by Nicole Polizzi's pregnancy, and several cast members (including Polizzi, DelVecchio, and Farley) receiving spin-offs sparked talk about the future of the series past the fifth season, however on March 19, 2012, MTV officially confirmed that the series would return for a sixth season, with all cast members returning. Filming for the sixth season took place in mid-2012, and featured Polizzi nearly eight months pregnant. MTV said in a statement, "While things will definitely be a little different this time when they hit the boardwalk, their trademark hilarity and family dysfunction will remain the same".
|Season 1||9||December 3, 2009||January 21, 2010|
|Season 2||13||July 29, 2010||October 21, 2010|
|Season 3||13||January 6, 2011||March 24, 2011|
|Season 4||12||August 4, 2011||October 20, 2011|
|Season 5||11||January 5, 2012||March 15, 2012|
|Season 6||13||October 4, 2012||December 20, 2012|
|Deena Nicole Cortese
|New Egypt, New Jersey||Italian American||Cortese, a longtime friend of Polizzi, had originally auditioned for season 1 and been rejected. She eventually joins the cast starting in season 3. She describes herself as a "blast in a glass".|
|Johnston, Rhode Island||Italian American||DelVecchio is a disc jockey from Johnston, Rhode Island outside of Providence. He strikes up a brief romance with fellow castmate Farley but the relationship does not progress. DelVecchio was nominated for the 2010 "America's Best DJ" competition.|
|Franklin Square, New York||Irish-Spanish American||Farley is a graphic designer and club promoter from Franklin Square, New York. During the casting process, she stated, "I thought the guys would be enormous and really mean, and I thought the girls would be catty and overdone." She enters the shore house with a steady relationship at home but cheats on her boyfriend with castmate DelVecchio and ends her relationship in season 3 episode 4 for different reasons. Farley has had breast augmentation surgery, which she got as a birthday present to herself just before turning 21.|
|Hazlet, New Jersey||Greek-Italian American||Giancola is from Hazlet, New Jersey and is recently single at the start of the series. She attended William Paterson University and was a midfielder on the women's soccer team. Giancola ultimately strikes up a relationship with fellow castmate Ortiz-Magro in season 1 episode 3.|
|Vinny Guadagnino||Staten Island, New York||Sicilian American||21-year-old Guadagnino comes from a traditional Italian American family in Staten Island. A graduate of the State University of New York at New Paltz who had plans to attend law school if acting did not work out. Guadagnino applied after a friend sent him an application asking for "the orangest, most muscley, spiky-haired people", which Guadagnino filled out "as a joke". Describing first meeting his castmates, he says, "I see Pauly and his spiky hair and his whole guido look. Great, they found the most stereotypical kid. Then Snooki seems like a train wreck. But you realize we're all starting this crazy new adventure."|
|Ronnie Ortiz-Magro||Bronx, New York||Puerto Rican-Italian American||Ortiz-Magro is from The Bronx in New York City. He strikes up a relationship with castmate Giancola.|
Seasons 1 & 2
|Staten Island, New York||Polish-Italian American||Pivarnick is a New York City bartender. She starts out the season with a serious relationship at home, but the two break up in episode 3, which indirectly leads to her eviction from the shore house after refusing to work her shift in the T-shirt shop. Pivarnik again departed the house during Season 2, after violent confrontations with Mike and Nicole. She did not return for Season 3. She calls herself the "Kim Kardashian of Staten Island", but is mocked by other cast members as the "Staten Island dump" or the "Rob Kardashian of Staten Island". Pivarnick made brief cameos during Seasons 5 & 6.|
|Marlboro, New York||Chilean (adopted by Italian family)||Polizzi is from Marlboro, New York, and is an aspiring veterinary technician. She applied to an ad on Facebook that said "Calling all guidos and guidettes," which Polizzi said, "was definitely about my lifestyle." Polizzi earned the nickname "Snooki" in middle school after being the first of her friends to "make out" with a boy. She became the center of controversy when a man punched her in her face during a bar confrontation. Polizzi was arrested by Seaside police on July 30, 2010 on public intoxication charges, which were later dropped. She previously suffered from an eating disorder in high school.|
|Staten Island, New York||Italian American||Sorrentino, an assistant manager of a fitness center in Staten Island, develops an attraction towards Giancola, which does not come into fruition when she becomes interested in fellow castmate Ortiz-Magro. Sorrentino worked as an exotic dancer in 2004. In the 2010 season of Dancing with the Stars, he partnered with Karina Smirnoff, but was eliminated in week 4. He also appeared on the British television show Celebrity Big Brother in August 2012.|
Jersey Shore house
|Jersey Shore House|
|Location||1209 Ocean Terrace, Seaside Heights, New Jersey, 08751|
The Jersey Shore house is the name given to the house used on MTV show Jersey Shore. Located in Seaside Heights, the house was used during the first season, starting on December 3, 2009, and was used on the show in four out of the six seasons. Since the show's cancellation, the house is currently being rented out for days at a time.
The house was characterized by its unique decor and the hot tub. During the filming of Jersey Shore, the house was decorated with Scarface posters and Cadillac symbols and wheels. The house is also home to the duck phone, a home telephone in the shape of a duck. All of the furniture that is seen on the show was brought in by MTV, including the hot tub, which they had to get a permit through Seaside Heights to have when filming.
When filming season three onward, the home was equipped with 35 remote-controlled cameras in fixed locations throughout the home and the camera crew consisted of twelve handheld cameras, one IMX Camera, and six DV Cameras.
Media and merchandise
On February 23, 2010, Amazon.com and MTV teamed up to release Jersey Shore on DVD. The title theme, "Get Crazy" by LMFAO has been changed. Other songs have been changed since their original air date as well. A retail release by Paramount Home Entertainment with added commentary was released on July 20. Although it is claimed the DVDs are uncensored, the video and some audio is still censored. The DVD also includes special features include deleted scenes, the reunion special, "Tips From The Situation and Snooki", "Before the Shore", and the "Jersey Shore Makeover with Michael Cera", amongst others. On December 28, 2010 the Season 2 Uncensored DVD was released. On July 26, 2011 the Season 3 Uncensored DVD was released. On December 27, 2011 the Season 4 Uncensored DVD was released. On August 28, 2012 the Season 5 Uncensored DVD was released.
Soundtrack and literature
A soundtrack to the series was released as Jersey Shore Soundtrack by MTV and Universal Republic on July 20, 2010. Aimed to create the perfect summer playlist, the album features songs from a variety of artists including Enrique Iglesias, Pitbull, Taio Cruz, Ludacris, Lil Jon, 3OH!3, David Guetta, Fergie, Chris Willis, Girlicious and LMFAO as well as DJs like Deadmau5, Steve Aoki, Tiësto, Diplo, Paul Oakenfold and Delvecchio. A deluxe edition of the album was also released containing a bonus CD featuring songs inspired from the first season of the show, like LMFAO's "Get Crazy". The first single off the album was Enrique Iglesias' "I Like It", whose video also featured the Jersey Shore cast. In September 2010, Matthew Wilkening of AOL Radio ranked Delvecchio's rap song off the soundtrack, "(It's Time to) Beat Dat Beat", as the #1 Worst Song Ever on the list of the 100 Worst Songs Ever; as a bonus, Wilkening used Delvecchio's quote as the reason for the #1 list: "Being a guido's a way of life. I don't represent all Italians, I represent myself. I started this whole GTL shit (Gym, Tan, Laundry). You have to stay fresh to death."
- Enrique Iglesias - "I Like It" (feat. Pitbull)
- Taio Cruz - "Break Your Heart" (Mixin Marc and Tony Svejda Edit) (feat. Ludacris)
- L.M.F.A.O. - "Get Crazy"
- Lil Jon - "Hey" (feat. 3OH!3)
- Deadmau5 - "Ghosts N Stuff" (feat. Rob Swire)
- David Guetta & Chris Willis - "Gettin' Over You" (feat. Fergie & L.M.F.A.O.)
- Steve Aoki - "I'm In The House" (feat. Zuper Blahq)
- Tiesto vs. Diplo - "Come On"
- Paul Oakenfold - "Pump It Up"
- Richard Vission & Static Revenger starring Luciana - "I Like That"
- Kid Sister - "Look Out Weekend" (feat. Nina Sky)
- Girlicious - "Drank"
- Lil Jon - "Work It Out" (feat. Pitbull)
- Midi Mafia - "Last Call"
- Die Atzen - "Disco Pogo"
- DJ Pauly D - "Beat Dat Beat (It's Time To)" Featuring Jaylyn Ducati
A quote book titled Gym, Tanning, Laundry: The Official Jersey Shore Quote Book (ISBN 978-1-4391-9682-3) was released by MTV on June 15, 2010. The book also includes a bonus DVD with the most memorable moments from season one of the show. A sticker book titled Jersey Shore Sticker Activity Book (ISBN 0-7666-3904-5) was also released on the same date, as well as a 2011 wall calendar (ISBN 0-7407-9797-2) by Andrews McMeel Publishing.
Other merchandise relating to the show have also been released, including talking bobblehead dolls of the cast, a beach game set, Halloween costumes, a "Gym Tanning Laundry (GTL)" labeled sports bottle, "The Situation - Official App" for iPhone, as well as various T-shirts.
The cast of Jersey Shore appeared on the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards on September 12, 2010. Nicole Polizzi appeared on TLC's Cake Boss episode "Snookie, Super Anthony & a Ship" on November 8, 2010, in which she orders a cake for her mom. Polizzi also appeared on the March 14, 2011 edition of WWE Raw as the guest host and she wrestled a professional wrestling match on April 4, 2011 at WrestleMania XXVII. Jennifer Farley and Angelina Pivarnick appeared on various episodes of TNA Impact in 2011. The cast of Jersey Shore appears on MTV's Season 4 of Disaster Date, starring Jen Lilley, Lauren Zima, Cale Hartmann, Jason Karasev, Russell Pitts, Hasan Minhaj, Diarra Kilpatrick, and Kara Luiz. Angelina Pivarnick appeared in the show NY Ink in which she got a tattoo that shows her time in Jersey Shore.
Controversy and criticism
In 2010, MTV received criticism from Italian American organizations for the way in which they marketed the show, as it liberally used the word Guido to describe the cast members. The term "guido" is generally regarded as an ethnic slur when referring to Italians and Italian Americans. One promotion stated that the show was to follow, "eight of the hottest, tannest, craziest Guidos", while yet another advertisement stated, "[the show] exposes one of the tri-state area's most misunderstood species ... the GUIDO. Yes, they really do exist! Our Guidos and Guidettes will move into the ultimate beach house rental and indulge in everything the Seaside Heights, New Jersey scene has to offer."
Cast members Snooki and JWoww are not ethnically Italian. Snooki is Chilean, but was adopted as an infant by Italian American parents. Jwoww is Irish and Spanish.
Prior to the series debut, UNICO National formally requested that MTV cancel the show. In a letter to the network, UNICO called the show a "... direct, deliberate and disgraceful attack on Italian Americans ..." UNICO National President Andre DiMino said in a statement "MTV has festooned the 'bordello-like' house set with Italian flags and green, white and red maps of New Jersey while every other cutaway shot is of Italian signs and symbols. They are blatantly as well as subliminally bashing Italian-Americans with every technique possible ..." Around this time, other Italian-American organizations joined the fight, including the National Italian American Foundation, the Order Sons of Italy in America and the internet watch-dog ItalianAware.
MTV responded to the controversy by issuing a press release which stated in part, "the Italian-American cast takes pride in their ethnicity. We understand that this show is not intended for every audience and depicts just one aspect of youth culture." Since the calls for the show's removal, several sponsors have requested that their ads not be aired during the show. These sponsors include Dell, Domino's and American Family Insurance.
Governor Christie and the series' portrayal of New Jersey
In a February 2010 interview, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie called the show "negative for New Jersey" because most of the cast members are not from the state. According to Christie, the program "takes a bunch of New Yorkers and drops them at the Jersey Shore and tries to make America feel like this is the real New Jersey". Governor Christie took action against the series by trying to encourage people to experience the real Jersey Shore for themselves rather than watch it through MTV: "I can tell people: They want to know what New Jersey really is? I welcome them to come to New Jersey any time." A Fairleigh Dickinson University PublicMind poll released in February 2010 showed that 59% of Americans who had seen the show had a favorable view of New Jersey compared to only 44% of those that had not seen the show. The FDU poll repeated the national telephone survey in 2011 and showed similar results. Consequently poll director Peter Woolley concluded that “These measures... suggest the show isn’t hurting the nation’s view of the state. In fact, it may be promoting one of the state’s best features--not Snooki, but the shore itself."
Nonetheless, in September 2011, Governor Christie vetoed a $420,000 tax incentive awarded to the show by the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, stating: "As chief executive, I am duty-bound to ensure that taxpayers are not footing a $420,000 bill for a project which does nothing more than perpetuate misconceptions about the state and its citizens."
|Season||Timeslot (ET)||No/||Premiere||Finale||TV season|
|1||Thursday 10:00 pm||9||
On April 7, 2011, MTV announced it had picked up two spin-off shows featuring cast members Nicole, Jenny and Pauly, picking up twelve episodes of each show. One show focuses on Nicole and Jenny living together in their own apartment and is titled Snooki & JWoww. The other show follows Pauly jet-setting around the country for various DJ gigs and is titled The Pauly D Project. Filming for both shows started at the end of 2011 and premiered in 2012. SallyAnn Salsano of 495 Productions (Jersey Shore) is the executive producer of both spin-offs.
|Title||Location||Original Channel||Premiere date||# of Seasons||Ref|
|Geordie Shore||Newcastle, England||MTV UK||May 24, 2011||10|||
|The Valleys||Cardiff, Wales||MTV UK||September 25, 2012||3|||
|Gandía Shore||Gandia, Valencia||MTV Spain||October 14, 2012||1|||
|Каникулы в Мексике||Mexico||MTV Russia/Pyatnica!||October 1, 2010||3|
|Warsaw Shore: Ekipa z Warszawy||Warsaw, Poland||MTV Poland||November 10, 2013||3|||
||Acapulco, Mexico||MTV Latin America||September 27, 2014||1|||
Other somewhat similar shows to Jersey Shore that have been planned or aired, include:
- Lake Shore (Toronto, Ontario)
- K-Town (Koreatown, Los Angeles)
- Brighton Beach (Coney Island neighborhood of New York City)
- Party Down South (Murrells Inlet, South Carolina)
- Wicked Summer (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Tehrangeles (Persian-Americans from Los Angeles)
- Oh Oh Cherso and Oh Oh Tirol follows a group of lower class Dutch youths from the Hague as they spend their vacations in Hersonissos, Greece, and Kirchberg, Austria.
- Kongerne af Marielyst (The Kings of Marielyst), (Marielyst, Denmark)
- The GC (New Zealand Maori living in Australia's Gold Coast)
- The Shire (Sydney, Australia)
- Les Ch'tis, Les Marseillais (France)
- Tallafornia (Ireland)
- Kungarna av Tylösand (Sweden)
- Suomen hulluimmat bilettäjät (Finland)
- "'Jersey Shore' Season 4 Premiere Announced, Season 5 Confirmed". aoltv.com. June 28, 2011.
- Kit, Zorianna (January 25, 2011). "Jersey Shore to shoot Season 4 in Italy". Reuters. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- "MTV GREENLIGHTS SEASON FOUR OF ITS RECORD-BREAKING SERIES "Jersey Shore"". MTV (Press release). MTV via tvbythenumbers.com. January 25, 2010. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- Vena, Jocelyn (March 19, 2012). "'Jersey Shore' To Get Another Season With Snooki". MTV. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- "MTV cancels 'Jersey Shore'". The New York Post. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- "Shore Residents Express Anger with MTV". PointPleasantChamber.com.
- "Shore residents express anger with MTV's Jersey Shore premise". app.com. November 29, 2009.
- "MTV's Jersey Shore Garners Critics Over Use of Term 'Guido'". abcnews.com. December 11, 2009.
- Gorman, Bill (January 7, 2011). "'Jersey Shore' Season Premiere Draws 8.45 Million Viewers; 4.2 Adults 18-49 Rating". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved January 7, 2011.
- Benigno, Anthony (July 28, 2010). "'Jersey Shore' glossary: This dictionary of terms will get you (fist) pumped for season two". Daily News. Retrieved February 3, 2011.
- Ziegbe, Mawuse (December 10, 2010). "'Jersey Shore' Cast Schools Barbara Walters On 'Smushing'". MTV. Retrieved February 3, 2011.
- Brown, Rebecca (May 10, 2011). "More Smart People Acknowledge the Cultural Relevance of 'Jersey Shore'". MTV. Retrieved June 18, 2011.
- Stelter, Brian (July 22, 2010). "Jersey Shore’ a Go". The New York Times. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore v Geordie Shore". BBC. February 4, 2011. Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- The Valleys a "direct spinoff" of Geordie Shore
- "Noticias MTV - MTV PREPARA LA VERSIÓN ESPAÑOLA DE SU SERIE MÁS SEGUIDA Y SALVAJE" (in Spanish). MTV.es. July 30, 2012.
- Hecht, John (January 26, 2014). "MTV Orders Mexico Version of Jersey Shore". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 26, 2014.Hecht, John (September 24, 2014). "Acapulco Shore homepage". Retrieved January 26, 2014.
- Schneider, Michael. "Jersey Shore: In Their Own Words", TV Guide, March 14, 2011, Pages 10-11
- "Amidst Focus On Offensive Content, MTV’s Jersey Shore’s Ratings improve". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved January 7, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (January 30, 2010). "MTV Is the #1 Cable Network for 12-34 Year Olds". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- Ovide, Shira (July 30, 2010). "MTV's 'Jersey Shore' Premiere Draws 5.3 Million Viewers". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved July 31, 2010.
- Erik Hedegaard (March 17, 2011). "Snooki!". Rolling Stone.
- Rice, Lynette (January 30, 2010). "`Jersey Shore' back for a second season on MTV". Hollywood Insider. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- "`Jersey Shore' to return for 2nd season". Associated Press. January 30, 2010. Retrieved January 30, 2010.[dead link]
- Finn, Natalie (January 29, 2010). "Jersey Shore Cast Signs On for Season Two!". E!. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- Staff (July 18, 2010). "The Situation -- Armed and Loaded". TMZ.com. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "Second Season of Jersey Shore to Shoot in South Beach". www.movieline.com. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- "Thursday Cable: Jersey Shore on Top + Burn Notice, Futurama, Project Runway & More". TVbytheNumbers.com. July 30, 2010. Retrieved July 30, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (September 1, 2010). "Ratings Juggernaut ‘Jersey Shore‘ Helps MTV to Best Summer Ratings in Three Years". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- MTV News Staff (July 20, 2010). "Jersey Shore' Cast Returning For Season Three". MTV. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Gries, Scott (July 21, 2010). "Jersey Shore Stars Get a Raise for Season 3". People. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "EXCLUSIVE poolside chat with Jersey Shore’s Angelina". Cfnews13.com. August 27, 2010. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- "'Jersey Shore' Adds Deena Nicole Cortese To The Cast". Retrieved August 6, 2010.
- "'Jersey Shore' Season 3 premiere sets ratings record for MTV". USA Today. January 7, 2011. Retrieved January 7, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (January 14, 2011). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Snooki Rules, Shonda Drools + ‘Real Housewives,’ More ‘Scared Straight,’ + NBA". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved January 15, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (January 21, 2011). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Jersey Shore' Keeps Rising; 'Royal Pains,' 'Fairly Legal' Premieres; 'Real Housewives' Finale & More". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved January 21, 2011.
- Thompson, Brian. "MTV's "Jersey Shore" Crew Returns to NJ for 5th Season". NBC. June 6, 2011
- Vena, Jocelyn (March 19, 2012). "'Jersey Shore' To Get Another Season With Snooki - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- Stanhope, Kate. "Jersey Shore to Return for Season 3 in January". TV Guide. Retrieved October 22, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore Episode Guide 2011 Season 3 - At the End of the Day, Episode 13". TVGuide.com. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- "Jersey Shore | Full Episodes, Photos, Episode Synopsis and Recaps". MTV. March 15, 2012. Retrieved March 19, 2012.
- "Jersey 'Jersey Shore' Gets Season Six Premiere Date". MTV. August 3, 2012. Retrieved August 3, 2012.
- "Jersey Shore " Season 1 " Cast Bios". MTV.
- MTV News (August 6, 2010). "New Shore Castmate". MTV. Retrieved August 6, 2010.
- TMZ Staff (August 4, 2010). "'Jersey Shore' -- New Girl Is a Season 1 Reject". TMZ. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- "MTVPaulyD.com" (WEBSITE).
- "Episode 3". MTV.
- "Paul "DJ Pauly D" DelVecchio".
- "Pauly D of 'Jersey Shore' Nominated for America's Best DJ, Angers Actual DJs". Spinner. June 8, 2010. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- "Jwoww.com" (WEBSITE).
- "Secrets of Jersey Shore". lifeandstylemag.com. January 6, 2010.
- "'Shore' sweethearts, in name only". ESPN.com.
- "Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola".
- "Meet the Cast of Jersey Shore: MTV defends criticism". RealityTea.com. December 10, 2009.
- "Vinny Guadagnino".
- "Episode 1". MTV.
- Debra Cassens Weiss (January 27, 2010). "Careers: Vinny of ‘Jersey Shore’ Says Law School Is Fallback Plan". American Bar Association's ABA Journal. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore cast member under investigation for fight in Ocean County". pressofatlanticcity.com. January 6, 2010.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Jersey Shore Star Arrested". people.com. January 6, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore's Situation Loves Attention". EOnline.com.
- "Ronnie Magro".
- "Angelina "Jolie" Pivarnick". MTV.
- "Jersey Shore Cast Members". NJ.com.
- "Snooki - Jersey Shore Star - arrested for Disorderly Conduct".
- "Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi".
- "'Jersey Shore' Star Snooki Battled an Eating Disorder". ivillage.com. January 20, 2010.
- ‘Jersey Shore’, with pregnant Snooki, will return for sixth season, MTV announces. New York Daily News. March 19, 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Jersey Shore: The Situation". Entertainment Weekly. December 7, 2009.
- "Michael "The Situation" Sorrentino". MTV.
- "Here's 'The Situation' -- Dude Was a Stripper". TMZ.com.
- "www.theofficialsituation.com". www.theofficialsituation.com. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- "Dancing with the Stars Cast & Character Bios - ABC.com". Abc.go.com. Retrieved February 17, 2012.
- 'Jersey Shore' house, duck phone and all, yours for $3,500 a night | NJ.com
- Jersey Shore Tour Show on YouTube
- She's a blast! Snooki rides a rocket after landing her first Rolling Stone cover | Mail Online
- Lambert, David (February 1, 2010). "Jersey Shore - Fist Pumpin' Time: Final Package Art for 'Season 1: Uncensored'". TVShowsOnDVD.com. Retrieved June 28, 2010.
- Lambert, David (April 19, 2010). "Jersey Shore - Season 1 Gets a General Retail Release This Summer". TVShowsOnDVD.com. Retrieved June 28, 2010.
- Dahlke, Kurt (July 18, 2010). "Jersey Shore UNCENSORED: Season One". DVD Talk. Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- Diaz, Porfirio (July 18, 2010). "Jersey Shore Uncensored: Season 1 DVD Review". 411mania.com. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Montgomery, James (May 3, 2010). "'Jersey Shore' Soundtrack Due July 20". MTV. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Montgomery, James (July 13, 2010). "Jersey Shore Soundtrack -- Hear It Now On 'The Leak'!". MTV. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Staff (June 7, 2010). "Enrique & 'Jersey Shore' Video -- Like 'I Like It'?". tooFab.com. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Wilkening, Matthew (September 11, 2010). "100 Worst Songs Ever -- Part Five of Five". AOL Radio. Retrieved December 25, 2010.
- Staff (July 15, 2010). "Gym, Tanning, Laundry: The Official Jersey Shore Quote Book (9781439196823)". Amazon.com. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Staff (July 15, 2010). "Gym, Tanning, Laundry: The Official Jersey Shore Quote Book". MTV. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore Sticker Activity Book". MTV. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore: 2011 Wall Calendar". MTV. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore: Snooki Talking Bobblehead". MTV. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore: "Headin' to the Shore" Beach Game Set [EXCLUSIVE]". MTV. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "Officially licensed Jersey Shore Halloween costumes".
- "Jersey Shore: Gym Tanning Laundry (GTL) Sports Bottle". MTV. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "The Situation - Official App". Retrieved October 5, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore |Merchandise". MTV. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore". TVGuide.com. September 9, 2010.
- "WWE Corporate - Snooki is Raw". Corporate.wwe.com. March 7, 2011. Retrieved February 17, 2012.
- "'Jersey Shore' Angelina Pivarnick Headlocked into TNA Wrestling Deal ... Not WWE". TMZ.com. February 24, 2011. Retrieved February 17, 2012.
- "Jwoww Down for a Little TNA ... Wrestling". TMZ.com. October 10, 2010. Retrieved February 17, 2012.
- "Trailer | Video". MTV. June 9, 2011. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- Rhett, Joshua (April 7, 2010). "Italian American Group Asks MTV to Cancel Jersey Shore". FoxNews.com. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- Kaufman, Gil (December 1, 2009). "'Jersey Shore' Castmember Defends Show Against Detractors — President of Italian-American organization has said MTV show is offensive". MTV.com. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore: About the Show". MTV.ca. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- "SHOCKER: Jersey Shore's JWoww and Snooki Are Not Italian". UsMagazine.com. February 16, 2010. Retrieved February 17, 2012.
- Breaking News, Unico.org[dead link]
- Raymond, Adam K. (November 24, 2009). "Italian Group Asks MTV to Yank Jersey Shore". NYmag.com. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- "Italian Americans Slam Jersey Shore". UPI.com. December 4, 2009. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- "November 24, 2009" (PDF). Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- "Italian Aware". ItalianAware.com. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- "Italian groups target MTV". PressOfAtlanticCity.com. December 4, 2009. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- Salamone, Gina (December 22, 2009). "Dell Pulls Ads from Jersey Shore". New York: NYdailyNews.com. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- Siegel, Elyse (July 26, 2010). "Chris Christie Blasts MTV". huffintonpost.com.
- "'Jersey Shore' Helps Perceptions of Garden State". Publicmind.fdu.edu. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- Fairleigh Dickinson University's PublicMind (July 18, 2011). TV Reality Show 'Jersey Shore' Promotes Jersey [Press Release]. Retrieved from http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2011/snooki/
- "Poll: 'Shore' doesn't hurt Jersey's image" UPI.com, July 18, 2011 . Retrieved 9.19.11
- "Governor vetoes tax break for "Jersey Shore"". New York: reuters.com. September 27, 2011. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "Jersey Shore’s First Season Ends With Series High 4.8 Million Viewers". TVbytheNumbers.com. January 22, 2010. Retrieved January 22, 2010.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: ‘Project Runway’ Rises; ‘It’s Always Sunny’, ‘The League’ Fall & Much More - Ratings". TVbytheNumbers. October 22, 2010. Retrieved August 28, 2012.
- Seidman, Robert (March 25, 2011). "Thursday Cable Ratings: "Jersey Shore" Finale Crushes the Field; "Fairly Legal" Steady in Finale; 'Archer Up' + NCAA Hoops". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 5, 2011). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Jersey Shore' Dominates + 'Burn Notice,' 'Suits,' 'Project Runway,' 'Wilfred,' 'Futurama,' 'Louie' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Jersey Shore' Rises & 'Burn Notice,' 'Suits,' 'Project Runway' Rise Too + 'Wilfred,' 'Futurama,' 'Louie' & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. October 21, 2011. Retrieved August 28, 2012.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: ‘Jersey Shore’ Premieres Down Slightly, Still > Broadcast + ‘Project Runway,’ ‘The First 48,’ ‘Beyond Scared Straight’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved August 28, 2012.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: ‘Jersey Shore’, ‘Swamp People’, ‘Mudcats’ + NCAA Basketball - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. March 16, 2012. Retrieved August 28, 2012.
- Thursday Cable Ratings: Football Wins Night, ‘Jersey Shore’, ‘Project Runway’, ‘Beyond Scared Straight’, ‘Daily Show’, ‘Texas Car Wars’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
- "MTV ANNOUNCES TWO "JERSEY SHORE" SPINOFFS" (Press release). MTV. April 7, 2011. Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- "PHOTOS: Snooki, JWoww move into old Jersey City firehouse for 'Jersey Shore' spinoff". NJ.com. February 26, 2012.
- "Siłka, opalanie, pralnia... w Warszawie!" [Gym, tan, laundry... in Warsaw!] (in Polish). MTV Poland. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- Liu, Karon (April 12, 2010). "Fist pump! Toronto gets its own version of Jersey Shore | Prime Time". torontolife.com. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- "Yet Another 'Jersey Shore' Knockoff Will Be Set in the South". TV Squad. August 26, 2010. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- Wieselman, Jarett (July 19, 2010). "Trailer for Asian Jersey Shore, 'K-Town' - PopWrap". Nypost.com. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- Olshan, Jeremy (March 1, 2010). "Russian-American version of 'Jersey Shore' planned". NYPOST.com. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- Reuters (August 26, 2010). "'Jersey Shore' producer teams up with Comedy Central for 'Party Down South'". New York: Nydailynews.com. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- Roberts, Soraya (April 13, 2010). "'Jersey Shore' spin-off, 'Wicked Summer,' to start filming in Boston, Massachusetts, in July". New York: Nydailynews.com. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- "'Jersey Shore' Producers Cast 'Persian Version'". CBS News. April 8, 2010. Retrieved November 26, 2010.
- "Kanal 5 med egen version af Jersey Shore". Tvnyt.com. Retrieved February 17, 2012.
- "tvtid.dk - 'Kongerne af Marielyst' kan skade turismen - nyt om tv". Tvtid-dyn.tv2.dk. August 16, 2011. Retrieved February 17, 2012.
- "The GC". TV3. May 1, 2012.
- "Viewers slam 'The Shire' as offensive". Ninemsn. 2012-07-017. Check date values in:
- "Tallafornia: Porn without the sex?". Irish Examiner. January 20, 2012. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Jersey Shore|