Rockin' Tug is a flat ride manufactured by Zamperla. The ride is manufactured in both traveling and park versions. It is the first of a line of new "halfpiperides". Zamperla's Disk-O is another popular ride from that "family". The difference is that the Tug has a friction wheel, while the Disk-O is powered driven.
The idea itself is not new. Schwarzkopf made a ride called "Shuttle Boat" in 1978, in both portable and park versions.
Design and operation
Twenty four riders are loaded into a tugboat shaped gondola, in six rows of four. The rows face into the center of the ride. The ride is driven back and forth along a track shaped in a concave arc, rocking back and forth. While this is happening, the entire tugboat rotates around its center.
The traveling version of the ride racks onto a single 28 foot trailer.
- Australia - Two, a travelling model owned by Better Amusement Hire and Big Red Boat Ride at Dreamworld
- Austria - At least two travelling models (Grubelnik)
- Belgium - At least one travelling model
- Canada - Two, at Canada's Wonderland known as "Lucy's Tugboat",also one with Bob Hauser at West Coast Amusements named the "Rockin Tug".
- Germany - At least five: one travelling model (Schäfer), and at least four permanent versions in Germany (Kernwasserwunderland, Legoland)
- Ireland - in 2016 a Rockin' Tug (named that way too) was added to Tayto Park
- Japan - At least one permanent version at Toshimaen Amusement Park, Tokyo. Acquired in 2005. 
- The Netherlands - At least six: Rolling Stones at Drouwenerzand, Dolle Dobber at DippieDoe, Swampies Swing at Toverland, Moby Dick at Deltapark Neeltje Jans and Koning Juliana Toren, Frogg's Trouble at Attractiepark Slagharen.
- New Zealand - One, a traveling model owned by Mahons Amusements
- Sweden - At least one: Lilla Lots at Liseberg.
- Switzerland - At least one travelling model (Lang)
- United Kingdom - At least five: Rocking Boat at Butlins, Skegness Rocking Tug at Flamingo Land Resort., Rocking Bulstrode at Drayton Manor's Thomas Land (themed after the Thomas and Friends character Bulstrode the barge), Heave Ho at Alton Towers, Longboat Invader at Legoland Windsor (a Lego/Viking themed longship) and Rockin' Tug at The Flambards Experience, Griffin's Galleon at Chessington World of Adventures, Rockin' Tug at Woodlands Family Theme Park Devon, and "Kontiki" at Paultons Park.
- United States of America - At least ten: travelling models owned by Murphy Brothers Exposition, Shamrock Shows, American Traveling Shows, and by D & K Amusements; and park models owned by Six Flags over Georgia, Six Flags Great America, Valleyfair, Edaville, Knott's Berry Farm, Knoebels, Kennywood, Waldameer Park, SeaWorld San Antonio, Oaks Amusement Park and Santa's Village (NH).
- "Better Amusement Hire - Family Rides". Archived from the original on 2006-08-22. Retrieved 2007-01-26.
- "Mahons Amusements - Show Rides". Mahonsamusements.co.nz. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "Flamingo Land. Wild Animals, Wilder Rides - Kids Rides". Flamingoland.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-10-27.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rockin' Tug.|