|Service area||Western Melbourne|
|Service type||Bus & coach operator|
|Hubs||Altona Gate Shopping Centre
Brimbank Central Shopping Centre
|Fleet||174 (March 2015)|
In 1966 Frank Bono and George Sita purchased route 406 Footscray - East Keilor. In 1968 Sita sold his share to Bono. In January 1972 Sita purchased Graingers Bus Lines with route 472 Moonee Ponds Junction - Williamstown Beach. Subsequently purchased were Murrays Coaches in 1975, Nidis in 1979, West Newport Bus Service in November 1980, Sunshine Bus Lines in April 1982 and Starline Coaches in 1985.
Sita commenced coach operations in 1982 initially with second hand Dennings before building up a large Austral Tourmaster fleet from 1984. In 1995 Sita purchased the Coachtrans coach operation on the Gold Coast and commenced operations in Sydney. The latter has since ceased.
As at March 2015, the fleet consisted of 174 buses and coaches. Sita's bus livery is white at the top and fawn at the bottom with an orange stripe. A special orange, white and black livery is seen on buses dedicated to the 401 shuttle. Coaches were painted in a red, yellow and white livery, but are now painted white.
- "Firefly" Fleetline November 1990 page 171
- Tilley, Bruce (1984). Melbourne Private Bus Fleets Vol 1. Berverley South Australia: Railmac Publications. p. 33. ISBN 0 949817 34 1.
- "Victorian Buses in the Eighties" Australian Bus Panorama issue 6/2 September 1990 page 13
- Melbourne Metropolitan Bus Operators and Fleet Listings. Melbourne: Bus & Coach Society of Victoria. 1991. p. 59.
- "Victorian Buses in the Eighties" Australian Bus Panorama issue 6/4 November 1990 page 5
- "Sita" Australian Bus Panorama issue 11/6 March 1996 page 39
- Sita Bus Lines Australian Bus Fleet Lists
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sita Buslines.|