|This article needs to be updated. (May 2015)|
Tony Campos performing with Soulfly on September 2, 2012
|Birth name||Antonio Campos|
|Also known as||Maldito X|
March 8, 1973 |
Los Angeles, California, United States
|Genres||Industrial metal, alternative metal, groove metal, death metal, nu metal, thrash metal, grindcore, cowpunk|
|Instruments||Bass, vocals, backing vocals|
|Labels||Warner Bros., Reprise|
|Associated acts||Fear Factory, Ministry, Static-X, Soulfly, Prong, Possessed, Agony, Brujeria, Dia de los Muertos, Asesino, Buck Satan and the 666 Shooters, Attika 7, Cavalera Conspiracy|
Antonio "Tony" Campos (born March 8, 1973 in Los Angeles, California) is a Mexican American musician. He is the current live bass guitarist for the industrial metal band Fear Factory, and the vocalist and bassist for Asesino. He is a former bass guitarist for metal bands Static-X, Ministry, Prong, Soulfly, and Possessed.
Along with Wayne Static, Campos was the only other band member that had been a constant figure through the different Static-X lineup changes. Campos backed up with growling bowel vocals, and he sang the entire song "Anything But This" live. He performs vocals and bass for Asesino. He also joined Ministry after bassist Paul Raven died.
In 2001, Campos suffered a motorcycle accident, resulting in a broken collarbone, which caused him to miss most of the ongoing Static-X tour. He was temporarily replaced with Marty O'Brien. His stage name, "Maldito X", is Spanish for "Damned X".
In 2011, he joined the death metal band, Possessed, until 2012. He played with Possessed in 2013 at The Oakland Metro. He also joined Soulfly in 2011 as the official bass player. In May 2015, Campos announced his departure from Soulfly, and that he would be joining Fear Factory as their bassist.
- Zon Legacy 5-string with EMG MM5CS pickups
- Neal Moser Custom Shop Scimitar (P-bass style) 4-string with EMG-P pickup, tuned BbFBbEb
- Fernandes Tremor 5-strings with EMG-40DC pickups, tuned BbFBbEbAb.
- SWR SM-900 head, SWR Goliath Senior 6x10 cab.
- Tech 21 SansAmp PSA-1 preamp, Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah, Line 6 Bass POD
- Fernandes five-string signature Tremor bass guitars with EMG-40HZ and MM5CS pickups.
- Wisconsin Death Trip (1999)
- Machine (2001)
- Shadow Zone (2003)
- Start a War (2005)
- Cannibal (2007)
- Cult of Static (2009)
Buck Satan and the 666 Shooters
- Carved Into Stone (2012)
- Blood of My Enemies (2012)
As guest member
|2007||Divine Heresy||Bleed the Fifth||"Rise of the Scorned" and "Closure"|
|2011||Otep||Atavist||"Drunk on the Blood of Saints" and "Remember to Forget"|
- "Wayne, Tripp, & Tony answer fanQ". Jess. Retrieved 2007-11-13.
- "MINISTRY, MESHUGGAH, HEMLOCK: Complete Tour Details Revealed". Road Runner Records. 2007-11-12. Retrieved 2007-11-13.
- "Tony Campos: No "Static" with SWR!". SWR. Retrieved 2007-11-13.
- "Asesino". BNR MEtal. Retrieved 2007-11-13.
- "Previously Unreleased "Golden Gods" Interview With TONY CAMPOS (Soulfly, Prong, ex-Static X)!". YouTube.com. 2012-04-10. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
- "Interview with Tony Campos Bassist for Static-X". YouTube.com. 2007-04-25. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
- "Static-X's Tony Campos". Bass Player. 2005-08-01. Retrieved 2007-11-13.
- "Tony Campos". Guitar Geek. 2005. Retrieved 2007-11-13.
|This article on a heavy metal musician or group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States bass guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|