|Wei (魏, 韋, 蔿, 衛, 尉)|
|Region of origin||China|
Wei (魏, 韋, 衛, 尉, 隗) is the English spelling of several Chinese surnames.
Notable people surnamed Wei (魏)
- Vision Wei (魏晨), Chinese singer and actor
- Wei Hongtian, Chinese diplomat
- Wei Jingsheng (魏京生), Chinese dissident
- Wei Qiuyue (魏秋月), Chinese volleyball player
- Wei Tao-ming (魏道明), ambassador, mayor of Nanjing, governor of Taiwan, foreign minister
- Wei Yan (魏延), military officer of Shu during the Three Kingdoms Period
- Wei Zheng (魏徵), statesman of the Tang Dynasty
- Wei Zhongxian (魏忠賢), eunuch, original name Li Jinzhong
- Michelle Wie (魏聖美), Korean American golfer
- Katherine Wei-Sender, Chinese American bridge player and spouse of C. C. Wei
- C. C. Wei (魏重庆), Chinese American bridge player
- Dexter Goei, Chinese-Indonesian American businessman
Notable people surnamed Wei (衛/卫)
During the Zhou Dynasty, Wey (衛) ruler Wei Yang (衛鞅)'s family name was Gongsun (公孫), not Wei family (衛). During the Han Dynasty, Wei Man (衛滿) was baron of Yan (state). During the Northern Wei (北魏), Xiaowen family got the surname Wei with state name.
- Wei Lan (衛蘭), Chinese name of Janice Vidal the English Chinese singer
- Wei Qing (衛青), general of the Western Han dynasty
- Wei Shuo (衛爍), calligrapher
- Wei Zifu (衛子夫), wife of Emperor Wu of Han and sister of Wei Qing
Notable people surnamed Wei (尉)
- Wei Liao (尉缭, Wèi Liáo) - a strategist of Warring States Period, known for his classic military text Wei Liaozi.
Notable people surnamed Wei (韋/韦)
Wei (韋) family name from Peng (彭) the form a Xiong (熊) of Chu. Also, during the Han Dynasty, Han Xin's son escaped to Wei Country (韋) because of the purge of Empress Lü Zhi, and later got the surname Wei (韋) from the region's name.
- Empress Wei (Tang dynasty) (韋皇后), wife of Emperor Zhongzong at Tang Dynasty period
- Wei Yongli (韦永丽), Chinese sprinter
- Wei Yi (韦奕), chess player
Notable people surnamed Wei (蔿)
|surname Wei. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|
|This China-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This surname-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|