|Region of origin
|Language(s) of origin
He () or Ho is the Romanised transliteration of several Chinese family names. Of these family names, 何 (Pinyin: Hé) is the most common at 17th (14 million, according to 2012 survey) and 贺 (Traditional: 賀; Pinyin: Hè) is the second most common at 71st in the list of the top 100 most common Chinese family names. Other less common family names include 河 (Pinyin: Hé), 佫 (Pinyin: Hé), and 赫 (Pinyin: Hè).
A common alternative spelling of this surname is Ho, the Mandarin Wade-Giles romanization and the Cantonese romanization of several Chinese family names.
In Vietnam and Korea, the equivalent surname is Hà or Ha. Not be confused with Hu surname in Vietnamese, it's literally called Hồ.
origin from Ji clan of Zhou Dynasty, and Jiang clan of Yandi
- Ho Feng Shan (何鳳山) was a Chinese diplomat who saved a large number of Jews during World War II, known as "China's Schindler"
- He Jifeng (何積豐) is a Chinese computer scientist
- He Kexin (何可欣) Chinese Olympic gymnast
- He Meitian (何美钿) Hong Kong actress and former gymnast
- He Ping (何平) Chinese film director
- He Pingping (何平平), one of the world's smallest men, from Inner Mongolia
- He Qifang (何其芳) a Chinese poet and essayist
- He, Qiu Xia (何秋霞) is a Chinese pipa player
- He Xuntian (何训田) is a modern Chinese composer, famous his compositions for Dadawa
- He Ying (何影) is an athlete/archer from the People's Republic of China.
- He Yingqin (何應欽) was one of the senior generals of Kuomintang in during Republican China, and ally of Chiang Kai-shek
- He Yong (何勇) Chinese rock musician
- He Zehui (何泽慧) was a prominent Chinese nuclear physicist
- He Zhi Wen (何誌文) is a Sino-Spanish male table tennis player.
- He Zhuoyan (何琢言), Chinese actress and singer
- He Depu (何德普) dissident in the People's Republic of China
- He Jingtao (何惊涛）Chinese TV show announcer and entertainer
- Ho, Albert (何俊仁) solicitor and a member of the Legislative Council of Hong Kong, is currently the secretary general of the Hong Kong Alliance in Support of Patriotic Democratic Movements in China and the vice-chairman of the Democratic Party (Hong Kong).
- Ho Ching (何晶) is the executive director of Temasek Holdings and wife of Singapore prime minister Lee Hsien Loong
- Ho, Cyd (何秀蘭) founding member of The Frontier, a local pro-democracy political group.member of Legislative Council from 2000 to 2004
- Ho, David (何大一) Chinese American AIDS researcher famous for the use of protease inhibitors in treating HIV infected patients
- Ho, Dennis, a Filipino actor known by his stage name Dennis Trillo
- Ho, Felix (何斐然) Belgium dog behaviorist, dog trainer
- Ho, Denise (何韻詩) Hong Kong singer, actress
- Ho, Don (何大來) Hawaiian musician and entertainer
- Ho, Edmund (何厚鏵) Chief Executive of the Macau Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China
- Ho Fuk Yan (何福仁) teacher, Chinese language author and poet in Hong Kong
- Ho, Godfrey Hong Kong-based movie director best known for his "Ninja" films
- Ho, Hoku American musician and actress
- Ho, Josie (何超儀) singer and actress from Hong Kong
- Ho, Mae-Wan, born in Hong Kong, is a reader in genetics and biophysics in the United Kingdom
- Ho Ping (何平) Taiwanese film director
- Hotung, Robert (formerly Ho, Tung何東) famous businessman and philanthropist in Hong Kong
- Ho, Stanley (何鴻燊) entrepreneur in Hong Kong and gambling magnate Macau.
- Sui He (何穗) Chinese fashion model
Notable people with family name 贺/賀