Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||“Revere the Divine, Love the Human"|
|President||Shieu-Ming Chou, D.S.N.|
|304 (full time)|
|Location||Sanmin, Kaohsiung, Taiwan|
|Affiliations||Roman Union of the Order of St. Ursula|
|Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages|
The Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages (WZU; Chinese: 文藻外語大學) is the only university devoted to languages education in Taiwan. It awards A.A., B.A., B.B.A. degrees, and offers a master's degree program M.A., M.B.A., and M.F.A.. Students from abroad can get a visa to study Chinese in Taiwan at Wenzao, as it is one of the 45 Chinese Language Centers accredited by the Ministry of Education. It is a member of Association of Christian Universities and Colleges in Asia (ACUCA), Association of Southeast and East Asian Catholic Colleges and Universities (ASEACCU), The International Council of Saint Thomas Aquinas (ICUSTA), University Mobility of Asia and the Pacific (UMAP), International Association of University Presidents (IAUP).
Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages, named after the first Chinese Bishop Lo Wenzao, was established in 1966 by the Ursulines of the Roman Union of the Order of St. Ursula as the Wen Tzao Ursuline Junior College of Modern Languages for Girls. The institution remained a female-only junior college until 1980. It became “Wen Tzao Ursuline College of Modern Languages" in 1999, and the only college in Taiwan dedicated to language education. It not only preserves the junior college program in English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese, but also provides two-year and four-year college programs, post-graduate study and extension education.
The school motto is "Revere the divine, love the human".
Colleges and Degree Programs
- College of English and International Studies
*Graduate Institute of Multiple Translation and Interpreting (MA) *Graduate Institute of International Business and Cultural Practices (MBA) *Master's Degree Program of International Affairs (MA) *Department of English (BA,AA,MA) *Department of Translation and Interpreting (BA) *Department of International Affairs (BA) *Department of International Business and Administration (BBA) *Bachelor's Degree Program of International Business English (BA) *Bachelor's Degree Program of International Tourism and MICE (BA) *Center for English Language Teaching
- College of European and Asian Languages
*Graduate Institute of European Studies (MA) *Department of French (BA,AA) *Department of German (BA,AA) *Department of Spanish (BA,AA) *Department of Japanese (BA,AA) *European Union Center *Center for Southeast Asian Languages Teaching
- College of Cultural and Educational Innovation
*Graduate Institute of Foreign Language Education and Cultural Industries (MA) *Graduate Institute of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language (MA) *Graduate Institute of Creative Arts Industries (MFA) *Department of Foreign Language Instruction (BA) *Department of Applied Chinese (BA) *Department of Communication Arts (BA) *Department of Digital Content Application and Management (BBA) *Center for Teacher Education
- College of The Holistic Education
*General Education Center *Ursuline Education Center *Center for Physical Education
"""Cheers Magazine: 2016 Best Universities/Colleges in Taiwan"""
- World vision and foreign language proficiency：1st place among technological and vocational colleges and universities
- Ratio of double-majors to the total number of undergraduates：1st place among private technological and vocational colleges and universities
- Ratio of those with a minor to the total number of undergraduates：1st place among private technological and vocational colleges and universities
- The most popular schools for enterprises：3rd place among private technological and vocational colleges and universities in Southern Taiwan
"""Global Views Monthly：2016 Best Universities/Colleges in Taiwan"""
- Ranked in 1st place in Foreign Languages & Communications Categories among national colleges/universities
- Ranked in 2nd place the most popular schools by enterprises among private technological and vocational colleges and universities in Southern Taiwan
"""1111 Job Bank : 2016 Most Popular Universities in Taiwan for Enterprises"""
- The most valued universities by employers：Ranked in 1st place among technological and vocational colleges and universities in Kaohsiung & Pingtung Areas
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages.|
- Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages (English Home)
- Chinese Language Center of Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages