White Widow (cannabis)
Cannabis of the White Widow strain
|Hybrid parentage||60% indica, 40% sativa|
|Origin||Netherlands, Kingdom of the Netherlands|
White Widow is a Cannabis strain developed in The Netherlands and known for its abundance of white trichomes, high potency, and resinous nature. Induces happy, euphoric cerebral buzz that stimulates creativity, boosts socialization and increases energy levels. May cause paranoia, headaches, dry mouth and eyes. Has excellent analgesic properties. Relieves stress and nausea.
The variety won the Cannabis Cup in 1995. White Widow grown in Amsterdam is known to contain up to 20% of the active ingredient THC. White Widow buds are covered in trichomes, giving it an almost snowy look. As of late as 2011, it sells for approximately 8 Euros per gram in The Netherlands. In San Jose and Colorado Springs, it is available from dispensaries for Medical Marijuana patients for $8 US per gram. White Widow is a compact plant of medium height. The buds only develop a few amber-colored hairs, but the high crystalline resin production of this plant has become well known. White Widow is a strain that is relatively easy to grow to an experienced horticulturalist, especially in Europe because of its resistance to mold and colder climates. The original White Widow was created using a pure Sativa land race from Brazil and was pollinated by an Indica-hybrid from southern India. The White widow has been used a lot to breed new strains of cannabis during the last decades. One of the most famous example is the White Rhino strain.
|Part of a series on|
- Asthana, Anushka (January 18, 2004). "So just how potent are our street drugs?". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
- WoahStork, WoahStork (February 18, 2016). "White Widow Strain Information". WoahStork. Retrieved February 18, 2016.
- "White Widow Strain Information". CannaSOS. Retrieved 2016-05-19.
- "White Widow Strain Information". www.seedsmarijuana.net. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- Hager, Steven (February 9, 2009). "Cannabis Cup Winners". High Times. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
- Bennett, Oliver (August 11, 1996). "wot? no dope?". The Independent. Independent News & Media. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
- Gullo, Karen (June 7, 2005). "Marijuana Clubs in San Francisco Unfazed by High Court's Ruling". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
- Lee, Robert (November 22, 2015). "White Widow Review". StonerCircle. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "White Widow Dutch Passion regular seeds". Paddyseeds.com. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
|This Hallucinogen-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|