|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)|
|Founded||Molvena, Italy (1978)|
|Key people||Renzo Rosso, president and founder|
|Products||clothing and accessories|
|Revenue||€1.3 billion (2009)|
Diesel S.p.A. is an Italian clothing company. It sells high-priced denim jeans and other clothing and accessories aimed at a young adult market. The company is owned by its founder Renzo Rosso, and is based in the former Laverda building area in Breganze, northern Italy.
The company was founded in 1978 by Renzo Rosso and his mentor Adriano Goldschmied. Rosso has said that he learned marketing from the US, creativity from Italy, and systems from Germany. Turnover was over €1.3 billion in 2009.
In 2007 Diesel sponsored a music contest, Diesel-U-Music.
- T Surendar, Saumya Roy (June 30, 2010). Diesel Founder Renzo Rosso Knows What Matters In Fashion. Forbes India. Accessed March 2014.
- Chevalier, Michel (2012). Luxury Brand Management. Singapore: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-1-118-17176-9.
- "Attention Unsigned Bands – Diesel Music Contest". April 12, 2007.
- Lipke, David (December 12, 2008). "Another World...Springing Back...The Mastheads Continue to Shrink...". WWD.
- James Covert (November 14, 2009). Diesel out of fuel. New York Post. Accessed March 2014.
Media related to Diesel (brand) at Wikimedia Commons