Luhansk International Airport
|Lugansk International Airport
"Міжнародний аеропорт Луганськ"
|IATA: VSG – ICAO: UKCW
|Elevation AMSL||636 ft / 194 m|
Luhansk International Airport (Ukrainian: Міжнародний аеропорт "Луганськ") was an airport in Luhansk, Ukraine (IATA: VSG, ICAO: UKCW). The airport was located 20 km (12 miles) south of the city center, 9 km to the city limit. Since 11 June 2014 the airport was officially closed. It has been nearly completely destroyed during the War in Donbass.
Airlines and destinations
Accidents and incidents
- On 14 June 2014, a Ukrainian Air Force Ilyushin Il-76 aircraft was shot down on approach to Luhansk, killing all 49 people on board. This was the severest loss suffered by the Ukrainian military since the start of the pro-Russian conflict in February 2014.
- List of the busiest airports in the former USSR
- List of airports in Ukraine
- Transportation in Ukraine
- Three airports in the East Ukraine closed until better times. Ukrinform. 19 June 2014
- UTair-Ukraine started flights. Avianews. 12 December 2009
Media related to Lugansk Airport at Wikimedia Commons