South West Wiltshire (UK Parliament constituency)
|South West Wiltshire|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of South West Wiltshire in Wiltshire for the 2010 general election.
Location of Wiltshire within England.
|Electorate||72,820 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||Andrew Murrison (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Westbury, Salisbury|
|European Parliament constituency||South West England|
The constituency was created for the 2010 general election, following the Fifth Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies tasked to the Boundary Commission, by which Parliament increased the number of seats in the county from six to seven.
The previous Westbury constituency was abolished: the northern part (including the town of Bradford-on-Avon) was transferred to the reinstated Chippenham seat, and the southern bulk (including the towns of Trowbridge, Warminster and Westbury) formed the bulk of this constituency, which to complete it, received a minority of wards from the Salisbury seat.
The seat has electoral wards:
- Dilton Marsh, Donhead, Ethandune, Fonthill and Nadder, Knoyle, Mid Wylye Valley, Shearwater, Southwick and Wingfield, Summerham, Tisbury and Fovant; Trowbridge: Adcroft, College, Drynham, John of Gaunt and Park wards; Warminster East, Warminster West, Westbury Ham, Westbury Laverton and Western and Mere.
Members of Parliament
|2010||Dr Andrew Murrison||Conservative||Surgeon Commander (RN) and Minister for International Security Strategy|
- For the approximate comparator before 2010, as the main predecessor seat, see Westbury.
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: South West Wiltshire|
|Liberal Democrat||Trevor Carbin|
|General Election 2010: South West Wiltshire|
|Liberal Democrat||Trevor Carbin||14,954||30.5||+0.3|
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures – Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Final recommendations for Parliamentary constituencies in the county of Wiltshire". Boundary Commission for England. 20 November 2002. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- Fifth periodical report – Volume 4 Mapping for the Non-Metropolitan Counties and the Unitary Authorities, The Stationery Office, 26 February 2007, ISBN 0-10-170322-8
- 2010 post-revision map non-metropolitan areas and unitary authorities of England
- Unemployment claimants by constituency The Guardian
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "W" (part 4)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Results of Poll, South West Wiltshire". BBC News. 7 May 2010.