|Branding||WDAM ABC (general)
News 7 (newscasts)
|Slogan||You've Got 7
On Your Side &
The Pine Belt's
Choice For News
|Channels||Digital: WDAM-DT 7.2 (VHF)
Virtual: 7.2 (PSIP)
(WDAM License Subsidiary, LLC)
|First air date||unknown|
|Call letters' meaning||see WDAM|
|Sister station(s)||WLOX-DT2, WLBT|
|Former affiliations||This TV|
|Transmitter power||75 kW|
WDAM-DT2 is the ABC-affiliated television station for Southeastern Mississippi's Pine Belt. It broadcasts a digital signal on VHF channel 7.2 from a transmitter at studios on U.S. 11 (in unincorporated Eastabuchie) near the Jones and Forrest County line. Owned by Raycom Media, the station can also be seen in standard definition on Comcast channel 2 and in high definition on digital channel 431. Syndicated programming on WDAM-DT2 includes Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, Judge Mathis, The Doctors, and The Queen Latifah Show.
On May 30, 2012, Raycom Media and ABC jointly announced that WDAM had entered into a long-term affiliation agreement. This resulted in WDAM-DT2 dropping This TV in favor of the big three network on June 11. Prior to the change, ABC had not been seen locally in the Hattiesburg/Laurel market since 1962 after the main WDAM channel dropped its secondary arrangement with the network. After that, WLOX in Biloxi began serving as the Pine Belt's default affiliate and would subsequently become a sister outlet to WDAM in 2006.
Along with WDSU-TV in New Orleans, the main NBC channel of WDAM has been serving as the de facto affiliate for the Mississippi Gulf Coast region. This arrangement changed July 1, 2012 when Fox outlet WXXV-TV converts its MyNetworkTV-affiliated second digital subchannel to NBC. There has never been an NBC station directly serving Biloxi and Gulfport.
With the addition of ABC, WDAM-DT2 simulcasts some local news offerings from the main channel. More specifically, this includes the entire weekday morning show as well as weeknight broadcasts at 5 and 10. A new newscast weeknights at 6:30 is seen exclusively on WDAM-DT2. Weekend simulcasts include Saturdays at 6 and both nights at 10. With the simulcasts, however, there can be delays and/or pre-emptions on one programming service due to network obligations.
- Mike McDaniel - weekday mornings
- Miranda Beard - assistant news director seen weekday mornings
- Steven Williams - weeknights at 5 and 10
- Kerri Legget-Brown - weeknights at 6:30 and 10
- Vanessa Pacheco - weekends
- Nick Lilja - weeknight weather
- Rex Thompson - weekday morning weather
- Megan Hodge - weekend meteorologist and news reporter
- Austin Simmons - weeknight sports at 10
- Daniel Brown - weekend sports
- Vanessa Pacheco - General Assignment Reporter
- Joe Sciortino - General Manager seen in editorials
- Rachel Beech - General Assignment Reporter
- David McRaney - occasionally
- Margaret Ann Morgan - General Assignment Reporter